What's new

I Can't Believe It's Not Paul McCartney

I spend a lot of time in my car, sometimes listening to books, sometimes music. I was listening to the best of Gilbert O'Sullivan when it crossed my mind a great mix CD would be songs/artists that sound a lot like Sir Paul. My list so far is:
1. Badfinger - Come And Get It (obvious choice since it was written by Sir Paul)
2. Aztec Camera - Oblivious (always thought this sounded like new wave McCartney)
3. Climax Blues Band - I Love You (classic Paul sound)
4. Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
I now need 8 more to make a true album so I need suggestions. What are songs you think would fit in this mix? On a side note, our Kroger Food Stores have their store brand of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter which has always cracked me up:
$kroger-butter-its-not.jpg

I spend a lot of time in my car, sometimes listening to books, sometimes music. I was listening to the best of Gilbert O'Sullivan when it crossed my mind a great mix CD would be songs/artists that sound a lot like Sir Paul. My list so far is:
1. Badfinger - Come And Get It (obvious choice since it was written by Sir Paul)
2. Aztec Camera - Oblivious (always thought this sounded like new wave McCartney)
3. Climax Blues Band - I Love You (classic Paul sound)
4. Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
I now need 8 more to make a true album so I need suggestions. What are songs you think would fit in this mix? On a side note, our Kroger Food Stores have their store brand of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter which has always cracked me up:
View attachment 674203
:lol:

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but Tears for Fears' "Sowing the Seeds of Love' imitates the Beatles. Also much of XTC's music is very Beatle-esque IMO, particularly 'Oranges and Lemons'.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but Tears for Fears' "Sowing the Seeds of Love' imitates the Beatles. Also much of XTC's music is very Beatle-esque IMO, particularly 'Oranges and Lemons'.
that's precisely what I'm looking for, particularly if it sounds more like Paul than John.

This isn't quite Paul's voice, but in his general style.

Gerry Rafferty - Right Down the Line and actually, Baker Street as well.

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Years back, my daughter loved to collect Wacky Packages. My favorite was "I can't believe it's not better!"

Much of the dBs music is Beatlesque, and McCartneyesque. Peter Holsapple and Chris Stamey of the dBs later paired up for two albums, sounding very much like McCartney and the Beatles.

Phil Keaggy.

Awesome, world-renown guitarist....But, unabashed PM fan-boy from all-the-way-back.

Here's a link.....Anything from the Crimson and Blue will give you a clue about an Ohio boy that sounds a little British when he sings. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to check out the self-titled Emitt Rhodes album from about 1970. He's a dead ringer. It's a great album.

Last edited:
Top Bottom