What's new

Parker adjustable razor

The Rockwell Model T will beat the Parker hands down, mainly because of good quality control and superior materials. But the Parker will cost less, which is something.

Depends on how well Parker does with the quality control on these. Apart from that from what I can tell they're going to be copies of razors from different time periods, the Parker is copying the early adjustables and the Rockwell looks like a copy of a Super Adjustable or a Slim.

I'm just glad that new adjustables (especially TTO adjustables) are being made, these are complicated machines that aren't cheap to make and if multiple companies think the market is strong enough to support that risk it's a good thing.

I'm just glad that new adjustables (especially TTO adjustables) are being made, these are complicated machines that aren't cheap to make and if multiple companies think the market is strong enough to support that risk it's a good thing.[/QUOTE]

I agree these are complicated machines and labor and materials are not cheap!!
I am a sucker for Adjustables and probably own most available including some of the funky Russian ones.

I am thrilled that Parker is taking this risk and introducing new product. I have always like Parker razors. Did they have quality issues, yup. Are they better now yes. I'm sure there are some challenge left. What company doesn't.

They remind me of the Hyundai car company. The first product was cheap and quality was inconsistent. Today Hyundai vehicles meet or exceed the quality levels of the competition. They learned from their mistakes, reinvested in the company and were committed for the long hall. They are trying to win the war not just the battle.

The fact that Rockwell is also introducing a adjustable soon is just icing on the RAD cake!

Cheers
John

A TTO adjustable isn't that much more convenient to use than a standard three-piece razor - just seconds a day for maintenance - but a razor (like a Slim) feels easier to use and maintain. Drop in a blade, twist the dial, pick the adjustment, and start shaving. And don't forget that you can change the adjustment on the go.

I agree with Bondage007's example of the Hyundai. Rockwell seems dedicated to making products that just get better and better. I thought my RAD was over when I got the 6S, but I know better. The Parker adjustable could turn out to be irresistible. :blushing:

Last edited:
I would not buy another Parker. I bought one and the doors would not stay shut. I got a replacement under warranty and again the doors would not stay shut. I still have the relacement. Anyone want it. Send me a message. Haha.

parker adjustable will beat down the Rockwell crapjustable razor.

I think you are totally wrong. I expect both razors will be good but that the Rockwell is superior based on build quality and longevity. The 6s is simply amazing. I expect their adjustable to follow suit.

I think we all should return to the topic at hand which is information on the Parker Adjustable razor. Too much discussion on the Rockwell will shut down this thread because we cannot talk about a crowd funded project that hasn't shipped yet.

Wow, shavedgentleman must really hate Parker.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Parker adjustable. Not enough modern adjustables on the market!

Last edited:
Hats off to any company, in this case Parker who commits to new products to benefit our culture.

It takes commitment, risk and fortitude to develop and launch new products. There will be one in my den.

Cheers
John

The Parker adjustable is now available in limited quantities from Super Safety Razors. I'm on the fence as to whether I want to buy one.

proxy.php

The Parker adjustable is now available in limited quantities from Super Safety Razors. I'm on the fence as to whether I want to buy one.

proxy.php

I just received the notification too. They say limited supply, however I believe that it is just the first batch which is usually small and the full production stuff will follow a couple of weeks later. I been following this razor since last spring, and at no time did they indicate that this was going to be a limited production model, so I don't see a need to get one now. I will wait for the reviews.

I just received the notification too. They say limited supply, however I believe that it is just the first batch which is usually small and the full production stuff will follow a couple of weeks later. I been following this razor since last spring, and at no time did they indicate that this was going to be a limited production model, so I don't see a need to get one now. I will wait for the reviews.

I just saw this on my Facebook feed, too. At $57 it's priced below the Merkur Progress. Chrome over brass. I like my 99R a lot. I may pull the trigger on it.

Top Bottom