What's new

Sheaffer PFM?

I got them mailed off to Danny yesterday, I can hardly wait till they get back so I can try them! I'm a little concerned that the PFM is going to need a replacement snorkel tube, it was completely clogged with dried ink. Danny did say most of the time he can clear them.

I got them mailed off to Danny yesterday, I can hardly wait till they get back so I can try them! I'm a little concerned that the PFM is going to need a replacement snorkel tube, it was completely clogged with dried ink. Danny did say most of the time he can clear them.
I'm sure Danny will get it taken care of. If a replacement tube is needed, he's more than capable of handling that.

I just got an email from Danny he mailed them back yesterday. Hopefully they will be here Monday or Tuesday, can't wait to see them and try them out!

[FONT=&quot]Well to my surprise the pens were in the mail today. Danny did a great job restoring the Shaeffer PFM and cleaning the Parker 51 Special. I haven't filled them yet but I did dip test them with some Shaeffer script ink that I got from a local office supply store. The Parker was a little scratchy witting but I kind of expected that from the nib. The Shaeffer PFM on the other hand was as smooth as silk and is a joy to write with. More on these pens after I fill them and write with them!

Nemo, yes I have the cheap script ink to try them but would love some samples of some other inks. I just got to save a while to get them unless someone is willing to send me some samples to try in them.[/FONT]

strop

Now half as wise
Nothing wrong with Script ink. Safe in any pen. Maybe not the saturation or color selection, but a great place to start. I have bottles that are more than 50 years old that were my father's. I use them sparingly, but they are still good.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
[FONT="]Well to my surprise the pens were in the mail today. Danny did a great job restoring the Shaeffer PFM and cleaning the Parker 51 Special. I haven't filled them yet but I did dip test them with some Shaeffer script ink that I got from a local office supply store. The Parker was a little scratchy witting but I kind of expected that from the nib. The Shaeffer PFM on the other hand was as smooth as silk and is a joy to write with. More on these pens after I fill them and write with them!

Nemo, yes I have the cheap script ink to try them but would love some samples of some other inks. I just got to save a while to get them unless someone is willing to send me some samples to try in them.[/FONT]

Both Anderson Pens and Goulet Pen Co. have ink samples for a little over a buck a piece.

Top Bottom