$July4-1.jpg

Optional Prep: Splash of hot water on face
1. Brush: Omega S10065
2. Soap: Proraso Red Tube
3. Razor: Old Gard 60
4. Blade: Personna Red (8)
Optional Post: Proraso Red ASL

Another enjoyable shave with the Fixed 4. :biggrin1:

Just used my Fixed 4 as previously posted and couldn't be happier.

Merkur Progress
Gillette 7'oclock Super Stainless
Proraso green
Razorock Plissoft synthetic

Today's shave was finished up with Proraso green AS

All is well!

The Fixed 4:
$July4-4.jpg

4. Blade: Personna Red (9)

I'm just sailin' along here. Another fine shave with the Fixed 4. :biggrin1:

Still in it.

In fact, I just used up my first container of product! I am pleased to announce I have finished an entire tube of Proraso green. Of course there is a brand new one waiting for tomorrow's shave :)

The Fixed 4:
$July4-3.jpg

4. Blade: Personna Red (11)

Another fine July shave with the Fixed 4. :biggrin1:

Put shave #6 on the same Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless this morning. Just as smooth and sharp as shave #1. I will push this blade as far as it will go just to see what kind of mileage is in it!

We're half way through July! I had to mix it up a little today with Proraso pre-shave. Best shave yet with my fixed 4.

I miscounted my shaves on the Gillette 7 o'clock I have loaded at the moment. Thursday was shave #5 and yesterday was #6. Still it was a crazy smooth, close and long lasting shave. The Merkur Progress and this blade are a great match for me. I will keep using this blade until it can no longer git 'er done. The most shaves I've put on a blade is 8, but this has the potential to exceed that, at least as it stood yesterday.

The only thing I did differently was start using Clubman Pinaud for my AS. This is my first time using Clubman. On initial application it's rather strong, almost "pungent" in odor but as the morning wears on it smooths out very pleasantly. I have to say this is a great AS. It doesn't have the sharpness of my eucalyptus and menthol crystal enhanced Proraso but is a great rotational scent.

The most shaves I have done with one DE blade is 2. It was a disaster, so I'm using a new blade every shave for now. Bics are cheap enough anyway.

The most shaves I've put on a blade is 8, but this has the potential to exceed that, at least as it stood yesterday.
The most shaves I have done with one DE blade is 2. It was a disaster, so I'm using a new blade every shave for now. Bics are cheap enough anyway.
In this strange "hobby" of ours, I think the number of shaves anyone gets out of a blade is completely up to them. So whether you're a "one-and-done" man or even a "three-figure" man... it doesn't matter as long as you're enjoying your shaves (and the hobby).

That said, I do love experiments. A while back I read EVERY PAGE of the Excalibur Club thread. Currently my record is 31 comfortable shaves with a Pesonna Red, all in my beloved Fatip Piccolo.

$Piccolo+PersonnaRed2.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be tackling four days of growth with my Old Gard 60.
$OG60+PersonnaRed-WT-RB.jpg

And I'm hoping it'll make light work of it, the way my Piccolo does.

NB
Regarding the "three-figure" men, see this link where [MENTION=84529]rudyt[/MENTION] was on his 130th shave (and counting) on a Bolzano blade. :w00t:

In this strange "hobby" of ours, I think the number of shaves anyone gets out of a blade is completely up to them. So whether you're a "one-and-done" man or even a "three-figure" man... it doesn't matter as long as you're enjoying your shaves (and the hobby).

That said, I do love experiments. A while back I read EVERY PAGE of the Excalibur Club thread. Currently my record is 31 comfortable shaves with a Pesonna Red, all in my beloved Fatip Piccolo.

View attachment 673839

View attachment 673841

NB
Regarding the "three-figure" men, see this link where @rudyt was on his 130th shave (and counting) on a Bolzano blade. :w00t:

+1 Cal!

That is very astute and sensible advice.

View attachment 673839

View attachment 673841

NB
Regarding the "three-figure" men, see this link where @rudyt was on his 130th shave (and counting) on a Bolzano blade. :w00t:
Just scrolled through the Excalibur read. That's dedication. Now I have another club I can join once I hone my skills!

Top Bottom