What's new

Fixed 4 for July

Having enjoyed @dduck's "June Sanity" I thought, "what the heck, let's do another one this month too."

My Fixed 4 (started earlier today) are:

$July4-1.jpg

Optional Prep: Splash of hot water on face
1. Soap: Proraso Red Tube
2. Brush: Omega S10065
3. Razor: Old Gard 60
4. Blade: Personna Red*
Optional Post: Proraso Red ASL

I'm dialling in my "new to me" razor, so having no variance in the soap, brush, and blade for a whole month will help me to this end.

If any other crazies out there would like to join in this mini restraint, please do. Just post what your Fixed 4 will be and keep us posted (as often or as little as you please) to the month end. As in, did you manage to stick to your Fixed 4 up to the 31st?

* I intend using the same blade all month, but pitching it and using another of the same is fine, as often as you desire.

Last edited:
I'm in!

1) Razor: Merkur Progress
2) Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless
3) Brush: Razorock synthetic barber pole
4) Soap/cream: Proraso green

proxy.php

This combination gives me such predictably smooth, flawless shaves it may be my "fixed 4" indefinitely!

I'm in!

1) Razor: Merkur Progress
2) Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless
3) Brush: Razorock synthetic barber pole
4) Soap/cream: Proraso green

This combination gives me such predictably smooth, flawless shaves it may be my "fixed 4" indefinitely!
Welcome Lane. I like the way you think! :thumbup:

I can't, I mean I really can't. I'm too old to delay my gratification for more than a few minutes and I'm OK with that. Enjoy your deprivation, I just don't do restraint. ...
Shaving restraint is for those with greater self-discipline than I.
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, or not. :wink2:

... HOWEVER, I really like how you are controlling variables to determine which blade or blades work best for you.
Thank you Dan. :001_smile

Hi,

I am in the same boat I was in for June. I still mix two soaps and, once in a while, use two razors, per daily shave.

Stan

SOTD #2:
View attachment 670627

4. Blade: Personna Red (6)

My "new to me" razor was much easier to use (and even more fun) the second time round (today). And I got my second BBS shave with it. This bodes well. It's looking like I'll be flying by the end of the month.

SOTD #2:
View attachment 670627

4. Blade: Personna Red (6)

My "new to me" razor was much easier to use (and even more fun) the second time round (today). And I got my second BBS shave with it. This bodes well. It's looking like I'll be flying by the end of the month.

Nice 1Cal!

I'll have no problem sticking with my fixed 4 for then entire month of July. Between the Merkur Progress and the Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless I have THE perfect DE shaving combo.

I'm in!

1) Razor: Muhle R89
2) Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum
3) Brush: Muhle HJM Black Badger
4) Soap/cream: Tabac

I would have joined you guys with Proraso, but I'm trying to stick with soaps for a while.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 202
I loved "June Sanity," and I made it through with no problems. Fatboy, vintage Floris brush rebadgered in silvertip by Larry at WD, Utilemud lather bowl, St Charles Shave Neroli soap, Gillette Silver Blue blades, 4711 cologne mixed with SCS Neroli aftershave.

But I just looked at all my well-liked and neglected soaps and creams, so I pass for July. Everything else will remain the same, I guess, except for soaps and creams.

Razor: Franken razor (DE8911 Head + Parker24C Plate + Weber Bulldog Handle)
Blade: Ladas (5 shaves on it, after this morning's)
Cream: C. O. Bigelow
A/S: Pinaud's Vegetal
WitchHazel for clean up
Result: BBS
I'll spend the day doing light cleaning--wife is at work with the Sheriff's department. I may take time out to watch "American Sniper".
Or I may finally clean up an organize my work bench and tools in the garage--long overdue.

$4JULY16_Shave.jpg

Last edited:
Not in! Sorry! Having enough trouble sticking to one brand of soap (Haslinger's) for 2016! And I love Haslinger's!

I'm in!
1) Razor: Muhle R89
2) Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum
3) Brush: Muhle HJM Black Badger
4) Soap/cream: Tabac
Welcome Jason. :thumbup:

Razor: Franken razor (DE8911 Head + Parker24C Plate + Weber Bulldog Handle)
Blade: Ladas (5 shaves on it, after this morning's)
Cream: C. O. Bigelow
A/S: Pinaud's Vegetal
WitchHazel for clean up
Result: BBS
Welcome Bobby. :thumbup:
Let's know what your (fixed for July) brush is please. I can see it but don't recognise it. BTW, aftershave and any other post shave stuff is optional.

The brush is an Omega 11126, my first shaving brush when I began DE shaving in Feb 2014.
Welcome Jason. :thumbup:

Welcome Bobby. :thumbup:
Let's know what your (fixed for July) brush is please. I can see it but don't recognise it. BTW, aftershave and any other post shave stuff is optional.

The brush is an Omega 11126, my first shaving brush when I began DE shaving in Feb 2014.
$Omega-11126-boar-shaving-brush-ovangkol-wood-handle-1.jpg $ovangkol-front-image-1000_0.jpg
That's a nice looking brush Bobby. How do you find the Ovangkol wood handle? I've only ever used plastic handled brushes. Also, the only place I'd ever seen it used before was in acoustic guitar backs and sides (a nice tone, similar to rosewood they say).

My setup right now is Merkur 34C with Personna Lab blade, T&H Luxury soap in an Old Spice mug, and a Stanhome brush with a WoodCraft 22 mm badger.

[MENTION=26309]FL shaver[/MENTION]
Will you be joining us for the rest of the month, with that set-up, Rick? :001_smile

Top Bottom