What's new

Chiseled Face Groomatorium Happiness!

Today's arrival completed my order for three of the Chiseled Face Groomatorium shave soaps and matching aftershaves, and that makes me very happy! Upon trying some samples from Maggard Razors I fell in love with both the performance and the aromatics; their aftershaves also have very good longevity. I knew I liked Trade Winds; however, I bought the Ghost Town Barber and Summer Storm in hopes that I would like them. I absolutely love both of them and find Ghost Town Barber intoxicating.

$Chiseled Face Order.jpg

I've heard good things about the company. I was also fortunate to have tried a sample of the shave soap recently and was impressed. Enjoy your shaves.

I haven't tried GTB but I've used the other two plus Cryogen and Cedar & Spice. Love them all! The performance is top notch & the scents are great, what's not to like?

I've heard good things about the company. I was also fortunate to have tried a sample of the shave soap recently and was impressed. Enjoy your shaves.

Thank you, [MENTION=110470]Austinoire[/MENTION] and likewise.

I haven't tried GTB but I've used the other two plus Cryogen and Cedar & Spice. Love them all! The performance is top notch & the scents are great, what's not to like?

I wholeheartedly agree, [MENTION=105975]CigarSmoka[/MENTION]. I also have the Cedar & Spice and the Cryogen and love them all.

I have the Cedar and Spice soap and the lather is great. Slick, protective and easy to build. Can't ask for much more.

Received Summer Storm and Midnight Stag for my birthday. Absolutely love them both. Want to try Sherlock and GTB next.

Wish sh I could get a shower gel, aftershave, and cologne of each. Love the scents.

Love their aftershaves (GTB, SS), need to try their soap.

What does Trade Winds smell like?

AA
[MENTION=102184]Ad Astra[/MENTION], the description from the website reads, "Our fresh aquatic scent – ocean, ozone, cucumber and a touch of mint backed up by a base of old spice. The closest you can get to sailing a tall ship without leaving your bathroom!

This scent reminds me of spending fresh spring morning on the water with an old friend. Cool and fresh – the perfect scent to kick off the morning."

Similar in manner to the Summer Storm fragrance, the aquatic scent of Trade Winds takes me back to some place in my memory from when I was a child; perhaps it was the time spent with my grandparents at the beach by the ocean, but capturing the top notes of clean ocean air and giving a solid, underlying base of "old spice" (not Old Spice), makes for a great, fresh fragrance.

And the post shave feel is second to none imo! If I absolutely HAD to pick one brand of soap only, this would be it. I'd miss the others, but not as much as CF.
[MENTION=105975]CigarSmoka[/MENTION], again, I couldn't agree more. I just realized that every time I have used Chiseled Face soap and aftershave, I have been fascinated with the outstanding face feel and have mentioned it to my wife just about every time.

I couldn't agree more with what has been said! I have Midnight Stag, Sherlock (two tubs, I liked it so much!), and Summer Storm with matching aftershaves, so far. I need to order GTB and I'll probably order Trade Winds as well, even though I've not tried it yet. May have to add the others later, too! Great scents, amazing performance. I love CFG!!!

Very nice!
I recently tried a sample of Sherlock and the lather was really quite amazing and matches my preferences very well. The scent was also very nice. In contrast I was disappointed with the AOS tallow sandalwood I picked up. It's ok, but not great. Goes to show - YMMV.

Summer storm sounds interesting too.
Enjoy!

And the post shave feel is second to none imo! If I absolutely HAD to pick one brand of soap only, this would be it. I'd miss the others, but not as much as CF.

I also agree with this. Of the few brands that I have tried, I feel CF has the best post shave feel. I think Stirling and Mickey Lee's is a close second for me, but CF wins!

I like the Sherlock smell, but I really enjoy the Ghost Town Barber. I think I will throw a sample of Trade Winds in on my next order from Maggard's as well.

I also agree with this. Of the few brands that I have tried, I feel CF has the best post shave feel. I think Stirling and Mickey Lee's is a close second for me, but CF wins!

I like the Sherlock smell, but I really enjoy the Ghost Town Barber. I think I will throw a sample of Trade Winds in on my next order from Maggard's as well.

I haven't tried Sterling, but Mickey Lee was my fave until I tried CF. It was gangbusters right from the start, dethroning ML with the first shave, mostly because the post shave feel.

I've tried Cryogen and liked it, especially on these hot Missouri days we've had lately. I have a sample of Ghost Town Barber but haven't tried it, like the scent, just haven't gotten around to using it. Cedar and Spice smells like somebody's steamer trunk, nice when your in a closet, but probably not so great on your face.

Top Bottom