What's new

Stirling Syndicate

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I believe you will find them very similar. I can't imagine how you would design a soap for bowl lathering over face lathering. I'm not certain, but that sounds a lot like the stuff that comes out of the back end of a bull.

I believe you will find them very similar. I can't imagine how you would design a soap for bowl lathering over face lathering. I'm not certain, but that sounds a lot like the stuff that comes out of the back end of a bull.

From the bull's mouth :

Last edited by a moderator:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Classic! :lol:

$2016-06-28_10-22-46.jpg

stirling is a complete knock out soap, i have barbershop, naked and smooth, build a nice paste on the brush, face lather, add water as needed and go, go ,go!!! I ve been buying old spice mugs, i now have 5 , and 2 of them need a new soap,,,oh what to buy....

I don't know about CRSW, but I do face lather with Stirling as well. I am new and still struggle a bit with face lathering. One thing I have noticed and read... Stirling is fairly thirsty. You will likely have to add more water as you are lathering. I really like Stirling. It is a slick soap with excellent scents.

Stirling is one of my all time favorite soaps, but I purposefully starve it of water. The lather it produces is thick and sticky, it's like painting your face with glue, but it gives the finest shave protection of anything in the world. Lather that's full of air and is puffed up is lather that will lie to you. It will look pretty, but when it comes time to put blade to face it vanishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only face lather and get great results from straight shaving with Stirling and I have used 5 or 6 of them. It is my measuring stick along with Tabac for othwr soaps. I do want to try CRSW though as I have heard good things about them too.

Sent via Tapatalk from phone

I use both Stirling and CRSW and they're both wonderful face-lathering soaps. IMHO, however, CRSW is the better soap in all respects. Stirling, however, is an incredible value per ounce.

Hello,
Update:
These Glacials from Stirling are some great soaps! I have the lather down now... I've been using a larger brush then the 22mm I ordered from Stirling. But I believe I can use the 22mm brush with a heavy pre-load.

This has been a great experience... so much that the bug has bitten... see my other post about new soap order.

Some final notes:
-Wow this Stirling Glacial has some menthol/freeze. I love it on my face and head.
-It lathers nicely
-Very slick
-It has a nice sheen to it when is is applied to face and head... this may be the case for all good soaps... I have only used Williams before this
-Great close shave and leaves my face smooth

To get the extra cool feel, here is what I have been doing:
-Apply small amount of Noxzema before shave
-Let Noxzema sit on face/head for a short time as I build lather
-Apply on head
-Shave Head
-Apply on face
-Shave face
-Shower
-Apply Osage Rub

WOW!!! All the reviews on Osage rub are true... cool stuff.

Thanks again for the guidance on my first soap

Regards,
Joseph

Forgot to add: I have had 6 shaves with the sample puck from Stirling so far and there is still at least 2 shaves in tub. I have also wasted some as I was getting the lather technique down.

Regards,
Joseph

Top Bottom