What's new

Pearl L -55 Open Comb

Hello,

I wanted to post a mini review on this razor. I have been using its handle on my R41 for the past week. The handle is awesome! I didn't think it would be fair not to put it next in the rotation (aggressive section of rotation).

I shave my head, face daily. I have a mustache and goatee so I can't speak to chin and under nose.
My typical shave is three passes, WTG, XTG and ATG.

I think this razor is now one of my favorites. It gave me a significantly smoother shave than the R41 using same soap and blade as well as prep. The closeness factor was equal to or closer than the R41.

I love the size and weight (100 grams/3.53 ozs.). The grip of the handle is super, feels like Velcro in my hand.
I have trouble with small handled razors because of my hands and this one fits perfect.

Fit, finish and good to very good. The R41 has a slight edge of you inspect very close. The price is a bargain and the seller (Techichi) is a pleasure to deal with. I had a razor that I wasn't satisfied with and he made it right at the speed of light.

Overall this razor can't be beat. Like the R41 this razor demands respect but man it is smooth!
Eye candy below, enjoy!

Cheers
John

$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

They are nice, but they do have some quality control issues (hence the price). Mine has one side that exposes the blade more than the other. I do the first pass on the more agressive side, and the cleanup pass or the milder side. Two passes is enough with this razor.

They are nice, but they do have some quality control issues (hence the price). Mine has one side that exposes the blade more than the other. I do the first pass on the more agressive side, and the cleanup pass or the milder side. Two passes is enough with this razor.

The cap on my Jaws was strange, it was fine one way, but very biased if you turned it 180 degrees. I replaced it with a Gillette OLD cap, now it's great. I don't know if the current production ones are any better. View attachment 669073

I have the earlier version of the RazoRock Jaws, which is a re-branded Pearl, and it is one of my best shavers! :thumbup:

Nice review @Bondage007, glad to see another Pearl fan! :thumbup1:

You can also find this head (used--it's been discontinued) under the Cadet brand. I bought it for the sake of this handle--

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Cadet-TP-26-Open-Comb-Safety-Razor_p_2030.html

--and haven't tried the head yet (but I will).

John, thanks for the photos. Previously I had calculated that the handle diameter was right around 12mm, but it turns out that it's almost 14mm! (I shouldn't trust myself to figure these kinds of things.) That's really thick, and I'm glad to get a chance to try it. (When it comes I'll have two of the heads.)

Top Bottom