What's new

Extreme Collectors

I've been watching that TV show "Extreme Collectors". Amazing some of the collections people have amassed. And the way some of them display their collections is equally stunning! Anyone out there consider themselves an extreme collector? Or do you know one? What do you collect (besides shaving gear)?

I know a blacksmith who has probably 100 anvils and 5 forges not to mention 1,000's of other antique tools. He won't sell me any but he lets me use whatever I want

My neighbor has probably 200 of the old style brass blowtorches. The ones that look like this:
$Old_blowtorch_01.jpg

I was never much of a collector until I got hooked on wet shaving. My collection is small compared to some, but I really enjoy DE and SR collecting. There is something about the excitement of walking into an antique store and never knowing what treasures I may find. One of life's simple pleasures. You can watch episodes of Extreme Collectors on YouTube. I have come to respect and admire the mindset of a collector. In this life we all need a passion to pursue.

Never seen this show and I use to collect baseball cards but just stopped recently because it was getting to expensive.

Never seen this show and I use to collect baseball cards but just stopped recently because it was getting to expensive.

That reminds me, I don't know if it's extreme compared to some, but I have probably 5,000 magic the gathering cards.

I stopped counting. I've got 18 years in the game.

I don't know exact numbers, just judging from the box sizes they are stored in. Most of mine are all Exodus and earlier. Only like one starter pack from Onslaught that is newer. Unfortunately no alphas or betas though. :sad:

I don't know exact numbers, just judging from the box sizes they are stored in. Most of mine are all Exodus and earlier. Only like one starter pack from Onslaught that is newer. Unfortunately no alphas or betas though. :sad:

Urza's Saga was my entry point, but Mirrodin was when I really started having the disposable income to pour into it. The last four or five years has been scattered across the sets, but likewise not much in the way of Alpha or Beta.

Top Bottom