What's new

Vintage Watches

I like the black seamaster and the Omega with the Roman numerals.

Centurion throw him the the floor.

Gents, a new acquisition arrived the other day. It's a gold Omega Automatic with secondary hand. It came with a beautiful band. I am still waiting for a German mechanical watch circa 1960's to arrive.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
V

VR6ofpain

Gents, I have recently acquired 6 vintage watches. I have a Hamilton at the watchmaker getting an overhaul and an Omega Mechanical on the way.

full

Austin-
Please tell me what kind of watch you have there on the lower right corner. Doesn't look vintage, but it is pretty sweet.

Austin-
Please tell me what kind of watch you have there on the lower right corner. Doesn't look vintage, but it is pretty sweet.

No it's not vintage but I wear it from time to time. It's a Mondaine Swiss watch. It only has on hand to tell time. It's a neat watch.

You can find some very interesting vintage Tissots..Many use the same mechanisms as Omegas..Recently, I saw a 1950, 9ct rose gold, bullseye..I have never seen another like it..Beautiful by anyone's standards..IMHO..

I have a weakness for Tissot. Fortunately for my wife, I also have enough self control to be happy to just look at them once in awhile and sigh to myself.

I only own one. And it isn't even a pricey one. I would be too scared to wear the pricey ones. I bought my wife one for her birthday a couple of years ago.

Anyway, Tissot are my fave. I'm not sure why. There are many other beautiful watches out there.

I bought my girlfriend a Mathey Tissot Tank watch. It's a beautiful watch. I have my radar set on a vintage automatic.

A new acquisition to add to the collection. It's a Hamilton Dickens mechanical watch circa 30's. It's a beautiful watch that has been well taken care of. I will be changing to a black lizard strap.

full

Here's a cool diffused light picture.
full

Here are a few recent acquisitions.

Bulova Selfwinding circa 50's. It needs servicing but runs strong. I am gifting this one to my son when he is home on leave in September.
full

Dugena German Mechanical circa 60's. Beautiful watch.
full

Bulova Deco Tank circa 30's. Runs and looks good.
full

Gruen Precision circa 50's. This is one of my favorites.
full

Gentlemen, I have set my sights on this classic watch. I really like it. What do you think? Is this a great watch to start with? It's a 1964 Omega Seamaster 611 calibre.

proxy.php

Sweet watch, go for it!

I have a Seamaster Deville and an earlier '50s vintage bumper wind Seamaster. I love vintage Omegas as they are still attainable.

Gents, a few more recent acquisitions:

full

full

full

full

You guys thought collecting razors or brushes was expensive. :biggrin:

I have a few more on the way.

Which do you consider the best of American-made wristwatches? I prefer a round stainless steel case, nos. 1-12 w. minute marks, centered second hand stem-winding, but self-winding is acceptable. The same for foreign-made wristwatches with Patek Philippe being one of my favorites ($235. Okinawa '68-9).

I think the Hamiltons are probably the best. Personally, I like the older Omegas and Longines.

hamilton had a period, between independence and the swatch group, that the watches were horrible, but the hamilton US made mechanicals served their owners well, and i believe they also issued to american troops during a period,

i own a swatch made hamilton, but its quite modern, a 2007 Hamilton x-Wind with a ETA 7750 movement, the watch is new, but the 7750 has around 30 years on it,

I've got my grandfather's Hamilton that he recieved when he retired from the Tennesse Copper Company in Copper Hill, my great-grandfather's pocketwatch that currently doesn't run (I need to find a place that does watch repair on mechanical movement watches), and a pocketwatch from the late 1800's that I picked up in Boston (runs great).

i used to wear a bulova, loved it, loved the looks.
owned a gruen, it never worked, i'll get it repaired when i stop blowing my $ on shaving crap.
i have another bulova in a similar situation, and when i have the cash ill fix that too!

my father wears a seamaster deville, that was his father in law's father's watch.
one day he says he'll give it to me, maybe when i turn 21 :w00t:

Top Bottom