What's new

Pomade Questions

Completely against the overall opinions here.

Black and White Pomade. Great hold and control. It's really hard to wash out....Unless, you use Aussie 3 Minute Miracle which takes it right out.

Ill try to remember that authenticity helps in making a joke, lol....makes the lady laugh, she's a Kentucky native...I will have to spring for a can one of these days-
It's all about the spirit of the joke right? But can only hear them so many times. I've heard Dapper Dan is actually quite good though so maybe worth a shot.

I'm new to pomades and until recently, I wasn't aware that any hair styling products existed apart from gel and mousse. I've tried Anchor's Teddy Boy water based pomade and Shear Revival's water based Crystal Lake pomade. The good thing about water based pomade is that it washes out easily. In the case of Teddy Boy, I was able to wash most of it out solely with water. Crystal Lake required some shampoo but it wasn't too hard to wash out.

The biggest issue that I had was applying the pomades. I yanked out so much hair trying to apply them that even weeks after doing so, my scalp still hurts. Apparently my hair is also thinning out and receding, which I hadn't noticed until I tried using these pomades, so that was unpleasant as well. However, I've watched and read tons of reviews about Crystal Lake and I've heard nothing but overwhelming praise. I think the hair pulling was just a personal issue on my end.

If you want something that's easy to wash out, check out water based pomades. O'Douds is also another well-known brand that makes supposedly excellent water based pomade. As for me, I'm thinking of trying Dr. Jon's "Damn Fine" pomade next - it's a vegetable oil based pomade without petrolatum, so I'm hoping that it will go in smoothly without yanking out my hair, and it sounds like it should be fairly easy to wash out with a bit of shampoo. I loved Teddy Boy matte but the smell wasn't for me, so I went with Shear Revival Crystal Lake, which smells incredible.

I have tried almost every pomade, and the ONE I love the most is

Schmiere Soft Hair or Tancho

Both wash out quickly and easily, both work great.

As for the ones I have tried I am partial to Layrite, Suavecito, and Reuzel. I currently use Suavecito Firme, but that might be a little overkill for what you use. All are excellent pomades and are water soluble. I will take it another step...they come out with just shampoo. The suavecito is about $12.00 a jar, but it is a four ounce bottle instead of a two ounce. Hope this helps!
i used gels for years ever since i can rember. i decided to try pomades a year ago used suavecito normal hold best product i have ever seen. holds my hair all day 10 15 hour work shifts my hair still looks combed. my gels failed me after 6 hours or so. you do nto have that helmet hair look nether. for a dry look i just comb my hair once its dry. i really recomend all of suavecito products. even there shave cream and balm is great.

Shear Revival Crystal Lake for a waterbased pomade.

My favorite petro based is Lockhart's Goon Grease.

If you want an overload of pomades check out the hedgelion shop.

I've been using Ruezel (spelling?) in the blue container lately. It holds really well and just needs a bit of water to come out. Before that I used Imperial Barber or something like that, it worked pretty much the same way, and it smelled kind of like cucumbers which was actually pretty nice.

Slick devil firm hold it is water based so it washes out every night clear so it doesn't flake and has a great strong hold. I have short thick hair and it is perfect I also use layrite from time to time and railcar too but I love the old school scent so to speak of slick devil.

Top Bottom