What's new

New TOBS Aloe Vera Cream Reviews!

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
The Taylor of Old Bond Street has landed!!! Thanks again to TOBS for sending us 6 brand new tubs of this for review!

I'll start packing it up tonight and get the creams shipped out tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 167
Never tried TOBS before now. Excited though - will take a break from my MW year and maybe mix in some CF Lime for creamy goodness comparisons.

Aloe Vera can be a very nice light scent. I have been using aloe Ivory body soap as of late and the light, fresh scent is really nice in the summer. Enjoy fellas, look forward to hearing the reviews. I use creams and soaps but have never tried a TOBS cream.

David

Interestingly enough I'd already posted about this and it is available to purchase on the TOBS website...

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...BS-Aloe-Vera?p=8326327&highlight=#post8326327

Not really "exclusive" for something that's already publicly available
This was in the works before they made the cream available on their site, I was just a little slow in getting my post up. As far as I know it's not available in the U.S. yet.

Either way we're thankful to TOBS for sending us the creams and everyone is looking forward to trying it out!

David

Aloe Vera can be a very nice light scent. I have been using aloe Ivory body soap as of late and the light, fresh scent is really nice in the summer. Enjoy fellas, look forward to hearing the reviews. I use creams and soaps but have never tried a TOBS cream.
I've not used this cream but I did take a couple hundred sniffs of it last night and the scent is like you describe...very nice and somewhat subtle compared to their other scents. Personally, I love the smell of it.

I have an aloe plant at the house and use it for small burns, cuts, etc. The aloe juice has a faint grassy green smell. Does this cream smell of aloe plant? Is aloe one of ingredients?

In addition to my review here, I'll put some of this in the soap sample passaround box as well so that some more people can try it. That way if anyone is signed up for that and missed out here they'll still have the opportunity to try it and review it in that thread.

David

In addition to my review here, I'll put some of this in the soap sample passaround box as well so that some more people can try it. That way if anyone is signed up for that and missed out here they'll still have the opportunity to try it and review it in that thread.
Nice! Thanks David. That's a great opportunity for some other guys to try this. Thanks!

David

I have an aloe plant at the house and use it for small burns, cuts, etc. The aloe juice has a faint grassy green smell. Does this cream smell of aloe plant? Is aloe one of ingredients?
When I was a kid my grandmother had an aloe plant that she used to cure anything that was wrong with us. Lol.
Yes, aloe is one of the ingredients and you can sort of smell the grassy green scent you describe.

The Taylor of Old Bond Street has landed!!! Thanks again to TOBS for sending us 6 brand new tubs of this for review!

I'll start packing it up tonight and get the creams shipped out tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts!

Very excited to try out this cream and review it! Thank you TOBS and to our wonderful site for the chance to review it and try it ou!

David

After packing up all the creams I had a small dollop about the size of a peanut left so I figured I'd give it a spin.
Brush was a Chubby 1 in best. Razor was a mongoose single edge. I usually face lather but for this review I went with the bowl. At first I didn't think I had enough cream, then I started adding water and BOOM! The lather exploded. This stuff can definitely take water so if you have any trouble just keep adding water until you get it right.
I'll give it a 9 out of 10 for slickness. It's a seriously slick cream that also provides great cushion. It was one of those shaves where the blade just melted through the whiskers.
For scent, (and I understand this is subjective) I have to give it a 10 out of 10. I absolutely love the smell. It's been about 30 minutes after the shave and I can still smell it.
Overall performance, 9 out of 10. This is a seriously great cream and my face feels great and refreshed. It's also quite moisturizing. All I did after the shave was a witch hazel splash. That's all that was needed.

So in summary, TOBS....you nailed this one! I will definitely be ordering this when it's available in the U.S.
Heres a few pics.
The last pic is what was left in the brush after a 3 pass shave. Pretty impressive considering how little of the cream I used.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 114
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 111
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 109
Top Bottom