What's new

Glock 19

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The Bic lighter note of pistols- works every time, but ubiquitous. (For style, get a you could get a Luger, I suppose.)

AA

A dependable handgun for sure....Having said that if you want to be a little right or left(depending on how you look at it) of center mainstream take a look at the CZ family of handguns....

Have you shot Glocks vs other pistols? If you haven't, you owe it to yourself to do so. If you have and like the Glock, go for it. There's certainly nothing wrong with them -- Good guns, they shoot very well, and dependable as you can get -- but they don't have a lot of soul.

$concern 001.jpg$CZ 001.jpg

I am a bit biased, as I am an old "Wheelgun" guy, and carry one daily. On those rare occasions that I do carry a semi auto this is my preference. CZ 75BD. One in the pipe and decocked. Hammer in the half cocked position. Hit the range, rent a few and base you're decision on that. Yow will probably get as many opinions, answers on this question as there are handguns....Good luck.

$image.jpg

Other than having a complete and total absence of charm, style, charisma, character, panache', or most any other characteristic which would create a sense of joy and/or pride of ownership in somethiing so visceral as a firearm...Glocks are great. Yes...I even own and carry one.

But, it's not unlike comparing a Dovo Shavette to a Tim Zowada Custom.

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

$image.jpg

There are many different pistols which will perform as well or better than a Glock. The aforementioned pistols can cost more or less than a Glock..many will carry as well or even more efficiently than a Glock. But.....gotta keep in mind-Glocks can be like Elvis.

$image.jpeg

Buy it, get factory magazines, and don't futz with it. It doesn't need a trigger job, extended mag release, a shaved grip, a titanium guide rod, or whatever nonsense someone may try to sell you. About the only thing that MIGHT need changing is the sights, if you want a tritium night sight (I recommend the XS 24/7 sights personally)

Otherwise it is about as reliable and worry free a pistol as you can get. Be warned though, they tend to spawn larger and smaller clones of themselves :p

I own and have carried a Glock (9 mm and .40 S&W) on and off duty for about 25 years. Simple, dependable, easy to use and maintain.

Yes that's what I like about The blocks they are simple and easy to maintain. I'm looking at it because me and my wife are moving to a new area and I will be gonna fromn Sun up to Sun down pretty much and the shot gun I have is to big for to operate with are small child if the Issue does arrive which I hope not, the compact of the pistol feels good to my wife so that's another plus.

View attachment 666616

Other than having a complete and total absence of charm, style, charisma, character, panache', or most any other characteristic which would create a sense of joy and/or pride of ownership in somethiing so visceral as a firearm...Glocks are great. Yes...I even own and carry one.

But, it's not unlike comparing a Dovo Shavette to a Tim Zowada Custom.

View attachment 666617

View attachment 666618

View attachment 666619

There are many different pistols which will perform as well or better than a Glock. The aforementioned pistols can cost more or less than a Glock..many will carry as well or even more efficiently than a Glock. But.....gotta keep in mind-Glocks can be like Elvis.

View attachment 666620
I was wondering if anyone has used or just shot a canick 9mm a Turkish made firearm maybe century

I don't care for Glocks at all, to blocky, top heavy and I don't shoot them as well as I do other guns. That being said, you cannot argue on their reliability. If you can shoot them well, they are a great gun.

Love em. Accurate, dependable, easy to clean and maintain. Not as purty as a hi power or 1911 but their performance speaks for itself.

I don't care for Glocks at all, to blocky, top heavy and I don't shoot them as well as I do other guns. That being said, you cannot argue on their reliability. If you can shoot them well, they are a great gun.
If you don't like blocks Whatv are your recommendation s

you don't carry a G19 for "wow" factor. You carry it because it will go "bang" every time, without fail. In rain, mud, snow, sand, ice or if it falls 30 feet on the ground. It's the G-Shock of firearms, that just works when you need it. I consider it a masterpiece of engineering for what it is and fantastic choice for personal carry. I own 2 of them. When I want something special to carry, I break out my sig 210.

I have owned both a G19 and G26 for 15 years. Shoot both equally well, both are totally reliable, easiest to maintain of all pistols. But living in CA limits me to 10 rounds, so I carry the G26 more often. If I had to pick only one for the remainder of time, it would be the G19.

Top Bottom