What's new

Heljestrand razors?

Dang...you guys are bad...im going shopping aren't I??? Yah I'm am I know I am...sounds like the perfect travel razor..small, nimble and holds an edge for a long time...crap I'm talking myself into this already :facep::facep:

PM me you addy. I think I have one or two lying around I could send you. I was lucky enough to have a good friend here on BNB to send me some from the Swedish market that I haven't gotten around to restoring fully. I can put a decent edge on one and sent it your way.

PM me you addy. I think I have one or two lying around I could send you. I was lucky enough to have a good friend here on BNB to send me some from the Swedish market that I haven't gotten around to restoring fully. I can put a decent edge on one and sent it your way.

PM sent...we can go from there ....cheers !!

The MKs have a way of breeding.

attachment.php

Going counter clockwise from 11:00: These are all CVH. No8, MK°32, MK°31, MK°31 in ivory, MK°41, No4, Kindal, No16, No16 in ivory at 1:00.

The MKs have a way of breeding.

attachment.php

Going counter clockwise from 11:00: These are all CVH. No8, MK°32, MK°31, MK°31 in ivory, MK°41, No4, Kindal, No16, No16 in ivory at 1:00.

Wow John! Awesome collection....how come I get the feeling my wife is going to give one of those looks, you know the one with the big question mark?!?!.....lol.m

Wow John! Awesome collection....how come I get the feeling my wife is going to give one of those looks, you know the one with the big question mark?!?!.....lol.m

Thanks, these have become my favorites!! As far as the "LOOK" goes... you get immune to it after awhile:tongue_sm

Not the prettiest of the bunch, but the steel is still good. I would probably pick the one on the right, it is the closest to a MK31 sans thumb notch.

proxy.php

Te one on the right it shall be then....rescale? Did I mention my wife is a licensed cabinet maker...lol...

You never forget your first Love. Here she is. I've sent away many of her sisters, some pictured in this thread, but she'll always be MY No.32. I give you The Lady. I have ivory scales for her laying around but I guess that I prefer her just the way she is and was when she came to me as NOS. She isn't going anywhere as long as I live. She says Hello boys!

$uploadfromtaptalk1464755757809.jpg

You never forget your first Love. Here she is. I've sent away many of her sisters, some pictured in this thread, but she'll always be MY No.32. I give you The Lady. I have ivory scales for her laying around but I guess that I prefer her just the way she is and was when she came to me as NOS. She isn't going anywhere as long as I live. She says Hello boys!

View attachment 662780

And she is a fine lady Arne dressed in black!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, *Sigh of relief* My Horrendous day just became a wonderful day seeing all of this Swedish Beauty in one place. [MENTION=85745]Polarbeard[/MENTION], perfect description as always with the excellent narrative you always have been great at for defining each one. [MENTION=62321]Lmarkow[/MENTION] and [MENTION=75490]imatabor[/MENTION] Total Razor Envy coming from the west coast my Friends, Beautifully stunning collections.

To the OP, the bottom line is, they are all perfect in every way. The craftsmanship, the simplicity of their sleek and excellent lines and the fact that you rarely have to put them to a stone, just good stropping technique and not beating them up when you are using them or maintaining them and you will be set for a very long time with fabulous shaves.

If you enjoy honing then you are definitely going to want an entire herd of these because they do take time to hone as was said before, these are incredibly hard steel. Very well made and made to last multiple lifetimes.

Pick whichever design you like best and pull the trigger because no matter which one you get, you will very likely end up with more.

My Personal Favorite is the MK*31 and the No.16's Cream of the crop on all aspects.

My "Queen of the Den" C.V. Heljestrand MK*31 in Ivory Scales:

$IMG_000032.jpg

Top Bottom