What's new

Electric Smoker for 99$

Hi All
Wanted to let you know of a sale I found on an electric smoker for $99.

If you have an Aldi store near you, check their weekly specials and see if it's available at your store. (this one is my local store, just change store at the top of the page: http://weeklyads.aldi.us/Aldi/BrowseByPage/Index/?StoreID=2686051

Anyway, I did a little quick researching, and while it certainly isn't high-end by any stretch, it looks to be made by the same people who make the identical $179 one available at Bass Pro Shops and that gets OK reviews.

I picked one up this morning, for $99 it's worth a shot. I figure at the least it'll be a nice addition to the charcoal smoker I have -- should be OK for chicken wings, fish, jerky etc., anything that doesn't really need a bark.

$elecsmoker_ad.JPG

$elecsmoker.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm looking forward to your report. I've often wanted something that doesn't need much tending, but I've never settled on anything.

It worked pretty well.

Took a little fiddling with the control to find the right temp setting, but then I got it to about 235 and it stayed there pretty rock solid.
All in all not bad for $99. I'll have to try it with a chicken or something and give it a real test. I bought it for the set and forget convenience and while it will never replace my charcoal setups, it seems like it's decently well built and does what it's supposed to.

$first smoke.jpg

I believe that is a re-badged Masterbuilt 30" analog smoker. Nice find!

I've been using a Masterbuilt 40" digital for years. I like it for quick, easy smokes like chicken, pork tenderloin, etc.

My daughter works at Aldi and she told me that they had smokers last year. Shimsham in the previous post is correct - the one I picked up (for $99) is labeled Masterbuilt 30" analog. I've used it often since then and LOVE it. Smoked 2 turkeys at Thanksgiving and my kids went to their mother and said, "We love you to death, but please don't ever touch another turkey as long as Dad has the smoker!".

Top Bottom