What's new

Shave at night or in the morning?

Just curious on your thoughts on shaving in the evening instead of the morning. I tend to find it better in the evenings where more time is available for me.

Steve

Steve, do whatever works for you. I find my best shaves are around 9:00 a.m. Since I am retired I can shave any time I want. I find that my beard begins to grow again once I am up for a while. So, if I wake up at 6:00 a.m. and shave at 9, my shave will last the whole day.

I prefer to shave in the morning with cold water and shower at night. My main reasons for this are:

1) I like to sleep feeling clean after a shower
2) I like to start the day with a fresh shave and not 6+ hours of stubble growth
3) I like to think about the coming day during my shave
4) The shower the night before helps clean the face in prep for the morning and give it a chance to "heal" overnight
5) My mirror isn't all fogged up in the morning :)

I've tried shaving at night after a shower a few times and it just didn't make too much of a difference in terms of the quality of shave.

YMMV

I do it at night because I can take my time doing my shave. And also the healing process is better off like that because I wouldn't want to go out with a red face incase I failed my shave. It's up to you and what you prefer, try both, see which one suits you!

I shave at night strictly because I have to be up at 5am for work. Otherwise I would be a morning shaver like I am on my days off. Ultimately whatever works and fits your schedule.

Yeah, I shave around 8:00 pm, when it's quiet. I like going to bed with my face feeling nice and my stubbles not sticking to the blanket like velcro.

I feel at odds with most of the responses so far but the morning shavers will come out of the woodwork.. tomorrow morning. I am very much a morning shave person. Usually at 5am. Can't have any stubble first thing in the morning.

I used to shave in the morning, but now, since getting into DE shaving, I shave when I get home from work so I can enjoy the experience.

I shave in the morning 6 days a week
But, because I go out on Wednesday evenings, I shave on Wednesday afternoons
I'm more alert so find it easier to concentrate, but the results are still the same
I tend to enjoy it all the more, probably because I'm getting ready to go out.........

I shave in the evenings for a few reasons. First, I'm not a morning person, especially pre-coffee. Sharp object + klutz? No thanks. :lol: Second, I'm much more attentive and the shaving is much more relaxing when I don't have to rush on the way to teach/work. Third, I work out in the morning because my whole day seems better when I do. Wake, workout, shower, breakfast, drive to work- that's enough for me just to get to the starting line. :badger:

Morning. To be honest, I never really considered anything else, partly because I can get the maximum benefit from my shave when I'm awake to enjoy it.

If I shaved in the evening, I'd be up half the night faceturbating, and my wife says I need my beauty sleep.

I was an evening shaver as I needed the time when using a straight razor. The past two weeks I have been using a DE and morning shaving. I may well go back to evening shaving to use my straights more. I do like the feel with morning shaves though.

Count me as a night shaver. With two young boys (1 and 3 yrs old) I don't get a lot of time to myself and I tend to shower at night so I am clean going into bed. I need my sleep to much to get up early to shave as well. The night shave allows me to enjoy the time and then heal up for the next day.

Night shave. Because I have to be up at 4am and at work at 5am. Even then I'm not generally all the way awake till about 7am lol.

Plus I enjoy taking my time. I do enjoy morning shaves on the weekends though

Top Bottom