What's new

Danish Hot Dogs

Ok folks! I had to go to two different grocery stores to find the Remoulade sauce. Our local Walmarts did not have it but some do. Had to go to Kroger's to get it. Long story short, I had two for lunch yesterday and two for lunch today! I guess that means I like it! :thumbup1:

Mike

Good Krogers is Fry's here so maybe I will find it

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ok folks! I had to go to two different grocery stores to find the Remoulade sauce. Our local Walmarts did not have it but some do. Had to go to Kroger's to get it. Long story short, I had two for lunch yesterday and two for lunch today! I guess that means I like it! :thumbup1:

Mike

Wife and I killed a package in less than 24 hours ... Think she had one. :blushing:

Glad you liked!

AA

It's common on the Gulf Coast. Not sure about the rest of the country.

It's also pretty simple to make if you can't find it in the stores. I always make my own when I make crab cakes. Sorry that I don't have the recipe in front of me, but there should be plenty on Google.

Well, 3 stores and no joy on the remoulade, so I guess I will have to call the BIL in Louisiana to send some, however I had the ingredients so made a facsimile with a Horseradish sandwich spread and some slap yo mama spices. Added the French fired onions and some plantain chips on the side. A new favorite!!!

$Danish Dog.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It never occurred to me that Remoulade sauce wasn't available everywhere ...

With the crunchy onions, the combo makes for a mighty good dog. Thanks to our Viking friends!

AA

It never occurred to me that Remoulade sauce wasn't available everywhere ...

With the crunchy onions, the combo makes for a mighty good dog. Thanks to our Viking friends!
Sounds like you're a fan! Now I want hot dogs with remoulade and crunchy onions too. I'll settle for a melted cheese sandwich with crunchy onions instead. No kitchen = no hot dogs at the moment! Hooray for the panini grill. ;)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well, best of all was the (almost no kitchen) method: raw dog in raw roll, wrapped in one sheet of a paper towel, nuked for 35 seconds.

Steams-in-wrap.

AA

Well, 3 stores and no joy on the remoulade, so I guess I will have to call the BIL in Louisiana to send some, however I had the ingredients so made a facsimile with a Horseradish sandwich spread and some slap yo mama spices. Added the French fired onions and some plantain chips on the side. A new favorite!!!

View attachment 661030

Dave, it's available on Amazon.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

View attachment 661030

Ah, stick to radio cause the picture quality...well. The food looks fine.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
OP's photo only came after he ate two Danish Remoulade-n-Onion Dogs. :tongue_sm

Then, as an afterthought.

AA

Wow! I loved Weinerwald. It was the first place I had saurbraten from and not many places since have been as good. (this includes a couple of places in Germany)

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Danish/Texican Hot Dog with Penny's tater salad (Penny's tater salad is my mom's recipe). You can find her recipe in the wiki recipes.

I found the remoulade at the supermarket. I added jalapeño, bell pepper, avocado and cheese.

$image.jpg$image.jpg

Top Bottom