What's new

From now on, all my folding knives will have locking blades.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I type this with one finger heavilly bandaged. That is all.

:a46:

Sorry about the injury. I cut a finger pretty good a couple months ago with a fixed blade. So even with locking blades, be careful :).

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I learned that when I was about 5.

I've known how to operate a regular folder ever since. :001_smile

Sorry for your cut...I hate cuts.

I understand but I still use and love my slipjoints I just am very careful with them. Plus I always have a lockback on me for heavy work.

Can be a painful experience for certain. Probably not as bad as the time I saw a guy fooling around with a Balisong knife. Picked it up from a display and before checking to see what side of the blade was the "safe" side, he decided to start flipping it around. Sliced open the back of three fingers....silently put the knife back on the table and walked quietly away....bleeding like hell.

Ouch! Heal fast. I like the axis lock from Benchmade because you can release the lock without moving your hand out of the way- but it takes a deliberate action. I've heard a few folks say that lock-backs, some frame locks, and liner-locks are about as bad for cuts as you have to turn the knife in the hand and move your thumb to release the blade. :001_rolle

I feel your pain. Hopefully it was a sharp blade so it didn't hurt as much.
I haven't cut myself with a knife I didn't like.

I type this with one finger heavilly bandaged. That is all.

:a46:

Yeah, but if you trip and fall onto a locking blade... ouch time!

Not to be presumptuous, but maybe you should only wield a nice dull spoon or maybe a spork! :001_tt2:

Last edited:
Can be a painful experience for certain. Probably not as bad as the time I saw a guy fooling around with a Balisong knife. Picked it up from a display and before checking to see what side of the blade was the "safe" side, he decided to start flipping it around. Sliced open the back of three fingers....silently put the knife back on the table and walked quietly away....bleeding like hell.

Alright, tell the truth, it was you wants it?:lol:

Top Bottom