What's new

How do you lather your upper lip?

Just as the title states, how do you lather your 'stache area? Do you avoid getting lather on your lips?

I've gotten to where I just go right over my lips and keep my mouth closed while I shave

I close my mouth, then curl my lips over my teeth and grimace(like Judge Dredd), and brush on the lather. When my lips are back to normal, there's an even covering of lather with none on my lips

With my brush.

:lol:

I usually lather on my cheeks and neck and then paint in to my 'stache from the cheek bone down at an angle, Sometimes I puff out my face and curl in my lips to avoid tasting my lather, but I guess some people like bay rum just that much.

I close my mouth, then curl my lips over my teeth and grimace(like Judge Dredd), and brush on the lather. When my lips are back to normal, there's an even covering of lather with none on my lips

:lol:

I usually lather on my cheeks and neck and then paint in to my 'stache from the cheek bone down at an angle, Sometimes I puff out my face and curl in my lips to avoid tasting my lather, but I guess some people like bay rum just that much.
What these guys said. No need to over complicate

With my brush of the day. If my upper lip hair is thick, I put a dab of Noxzema Classic Clean on it.

I've seen on some videos people pinching the brush to make it thinner to get it in there but i tried it and got lather on my hand so i don't bother.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu

+1 And then I take a finger and wipe of the lather on my lips (I guess I'm not as efficient).

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Purse your lips (See No.2). Think I got it from seeing a Geofatboy(?) shave video.

You still eat soap sometimes ... try to swear first. Can affirm, the new Fine American Blend tastes lousy.

AA

+4 - I do what these guys do.

Lather over the whole area, then clear my lips with a finger before shaving.

Usually one of these two methods. Sometimes I just save the lip area to last and put the shave cream on carefully avoiding getting any on my lips/in my mouth.

Top Bottom