What's new

Buying First Nice Strait, is this decent

W. Saynor LTD: Sheffield "Easy Shaver".
11/16 c-steel, half hollow ground.
Classic shaver, made in Sheffield, estimated 80-85 years old.

Ok, i have an invoice and just want to make sure I'm not buying something that is known as the worst razor ever, or the one model in history with a faulty steel that was infused with smallpox or some crazy thing like that.... I just don't the history well enough , just want to be sure I'm not making an OBVIOUS blunder.

So this is an old German made Solingen razor, it's going to be quality right? There weren't mass production factories 80 years ago. If it's junk feel free to tell me, please.

W. Saynor LTD: Sheffield "Easy Shaver".
11/16 c-steel, half hollow ground.
Classic shaver, made in Sheffield, estimated 80-85 years old.

Ok, i have an invoice and just want to make sure I'm not buying something that is known as the worst razor ever, or the one model in history with a faulty steel that was infused with smallpox or some crazy thing like that.... I just don't the history well enough , just want to be sure I'm not making an OBVIOUS blunder.

So this is an old German made Solingen razor, it's going to be quality right? There weren't mass production factories 80 years ago. If it's junk feel free to tell me, please.
Almost all vintage razors are of decent quality, but condition is everything. BTW there were many mass production factories 80 years ago that employed 1000s, it was a huge industry to make razors, scissors and cutlery. Pictures tell the best story. also, It can't be made in Sheffield and a German made razor Sheffield is in England.

Top Bottom