What's new

Talc powder, should I be concren?

I saw a commercial last night for a law firm wanting people for a class action suit for cancer and talcum powder use. (It reminded me of Better call Saul). Anyway, since the big "C-word" + "talc" has been tossed around for the last couple of years, have any of you stopped using it regularly? I love using it in the hot summer months, especially a light dusting around the neck line. I just have always held my breath while applying it.

I love Clubman's talc and I only wish they would switch to 100% pure corn starch, in order to eliminate the cancer risk. But that's another topic.

So, do you or don't you use talc after a shower and/or shave? If you don't use it, was it because of the inhalation cancer connection?

$image.jpeg

Name something that will not cause cancer when lab rats are exposed to high enough consentrations.

,I use talcs almost daily, Pinaud, Avon, Goldbond. I'm 52, had a kidney transplant and sit behind the wheel of a truck all day and some nights. I'd rather be comfortable than worry I might get cancer 40 years down the road from using talc. The chemical crap they put in food will most likely cause cancer faster than the talc. Anyway I dought I'll live that long and I have other stuff to worry about.

Last edited:
It is the general policy here at Badger and Blade that discussions regarding the ill health effects of various products is discouraged. That being said, you are naturally free to use or not use any product you wish for any reason. It is recommended you consult a physician if you have any further concerns. Experience has taught these discussions never end well and usually end with thread closure or member disciplinary action.

Last edited:
I use Pinaud Clubman talc.

I do not believe there is a risk if properly used.

Have little respect for ambulance chasers.

Ahhhhhhh who cares, something is going to get us one day regardless. No need to be smelly in the meantime. Until then, I'll keep powdering the donut

Haha, I love the responses about continuing to use it! Well I agree with all of you! I will forever continue to use it too. If I hear that Pinaud will discontinue the product, then I'd buy an entire case of it.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It is the general policy here at Badger and Blade that discussions regarding the ill health effects of various products is discouraged. That being said, you are naturally free to use or not use any product you wish for any reason. It is recommended you consult a physician if you have any further concerns. Experience has taught these discussions never end well and usually end with thread closure or member disciplinary action.

Powder Users Lives Matter. :0

Use common sense: Avoid getting the dust in air, don't inhale it if you do.
That's an impossible feat. However minuscule it may be, If you can smell it, it's airborne and goes into your lungs.

Below is an article about talc and cancer risk...

Great article JITG, thanks for posting the link! Works for me.... I'll definately keep using the stuff. Besides, I guess if I died from its use, I'd at least be a "clubman smelling" cadaver.
:biggrin1::biggrin1:

Last edited:
Top Bottom