What's new

Removing blade after each shave necessary?

It's like pulling the engine out of your car every time you turn it off. You're doing unnecessary wear and tear on the poor victim without any benefit, and wasting your time.
Lol makes so much sense. Well said my man. 👍

No. I put mine in hot water while I'm taking a shower and the soap is blooming. After I'm done shaving, I usually soak the razor in fresh hot water, pretty much boiling to clean and kill any bacteria, dry it off and let it air dry. Works well for me. I never break down the razor until I'm ready to change out blades.

I just loosen the head a bit, rinse in hot water, then drop the razor in 70% isopropyl alcohol jar for about 10 minutes while getting dressed for the day. Then air dry razor on a hanger/stand. I'll use hot water, a baking soda type whitening toothpaste and a brush every couple of weeks to easily remove soap scum. The Razor's chrome plating (Merkurs) look brand new.

I'm a bit compulsive, I take apart the razor after each shave, dry and wipe down everything. It takes only a minute.

I mainly use TTO razors and always leave the blade in until time to change the blade. Never cut myself loading the DE blade and plan to keep it that way.

Our grandfathers not only didn't fuss over their razors, they normally also left the wet brush lying sideways in the soap dish. For years at a time.

Stop worrying, it's just shaving!

Our grandfathers not only didn't fuss over their razors, they normally also left the wet brush lying sideways in the soap dish. For years at a time.

Stop worrying, it's just shaving!

Yep, most old razors got the same kind of care that we would give to a bic disposable! It's just a razor, give it a break!

Yep, most old razors got the same kind of care that we would give to a bic disposable! It's just a razor, give it a break!

Yes but they are a bit more expensive than a bic. My Weishi 2003m for example would easily get soap deposits so I would have to clean or a bit more than my newer MicroTouch One. The way I look at it is tearing down a racing engine in your puller or stock car vs. your everyday car engine.

Yes but they are a bit more expensive than a bic. My Weishi 2003m for example would easily get soap deposits so I would have to clean or a bit more than my newer MicroTouch One. The way I look at it is tearing down a racing engine in your puller or stock car vs. your everyday car engine.

Well, I don't professionally race my razors, they're just every day shavers.

That Weishi 2003m is no thoroughbred racehorse either, and not much more expensive than a bic.

Just another el-cheapo copy with a twisty knob on the bottom.

I saw some of those Weishi razors on Amazon. Cheaper than my Merkur 34C. I just rinse it. Wiped the remaining soap film off about 6 months ago, might do it again in 6 months.

Top Bottom