What's new

New shavemac

My new 21mm/43mm shavemac 2 band silvertip.
$1462149152616-1037102430.jpg

Next to my Duke 2. Where the collection starts.
$14621494510409020255.jpg

So whats your thoughts on the hooked tips. Only been used a few times but it is super super super soft.
$1462148845959754280425.jpg

Gives up lather great. I can do about 5 swirls and have plentyvenough lather to shave with, but it was with a MdC sample i won (thanks Parjay). It gives up lather alot better than my Duke 2.

Beautiful brush! I'm guessing it's nothing as far as the hooks go. If anything perhaps the tips are just adjusting to your pressure either in the bowl or on your face. Perhaps you are pressing just a bit more due to the difference in bristles relative to the Duke? If concerned I'd email the images and ask Bernd. :)

I believe I read on another thread here that the hook tips are in fact desirable as they indicate softer tips, similar to the "gel" tips. I might be wrong and if so anyone feel free to correct me.

I have looke up the gel tips and they are not quite gel like. It clumps together and all but doesnt have that gooey feeling. It does however have the softest tips. I have a VDH badger, Duke 2 and the shavemac so i dont have alot to go by. The duke is nice, but as much as i like the shavemac handle, if i could have the shavemac knot in the simpsons handle it would ve close to the perfect brush for me. Theres something about the heft and solidness of the simpsons handle if you know what i mean. It just feels quality. The shavemac is easy to hold though.

I really do love the brush and this is not a knock on it, but i wish it had maybe 10%-15% more hair and it would be for me absolutely perfect. But maybe im just saying that because my Duke is so dense thats just what i got used to. Are the DO1 2 band tips as soft as the regular 2 band silvertip? Wish it was a tad bit stiffer or more backbone but i do love it.

Top Bottom