What's new

best non-gillette razor?

Gibbs + / - (ignored by most, your loss, our gain)

Wade & Butcher (superb shaver!)

Castilla open comb roller guard. (lather conserving + tactile pleasure)

Rockwell 6s v2 (systemic perfection)

I leave Gillette razors to the Gillette enthusiasts. More people thinking this way would mean more Fat Boys for you!

Schick Krona in the vintage realm is probably my favorite and is probably one of the most underrated razors in terms of shave quality and price.

Alternately, these guys posting pics of Barbasol razors have really got me itching to look into one of them, but they don't seem as widely available.

not a lot of non-gillette vintage experience, but for modern raozrs I love my Merkur 37c slant and my Fatip Piccolo. They're both in regular weekly rotation now.

Vintage : Wizamet W-11 Adjustable

proxy.php

Modern : Baili BD17 TTO
proxy.php

I love the shaves my Eclipse Red Ring gives. Shaved with it yesterday evening, a smooth, long lasting and irritation free shave! There are some other non-Gillette razors that I like as well.

Really starting to like the Bakelite razors. Two of my favourite Bakelite razors are the Souplex Double Six and the Knockout razor that I recently found. Both give me excellently smooth shaves. I tend to favour the Knockout razor though, the design of the base plate is superb, in that it gives an efficient shave but the lather also remains underneath the blade which allows for extra buffing to achieve that close shave.

Another favourite of mine is the Pfeilring Solingen Slant razor. Great design, very efficient, I get close to BBS with only two passes.

Progress and 37c are the best for me followed closely by the Krona when loaded with Astra plats.

P.S the 37c and Progress are not modern, in production but not modern, actually these two are from the late 40's of the previous century.

Top Bottom