What's new

Graham Field month

So, I pressed through, and now I'm up to shave 12. Again, this blade continues to surprise me.
Congrats on making it into the double digits!:thumbup1:

I doubt I will pic mine up again. I've been enjoying the Astra SP and Gem SS blade I have going to much. I do feel that I learned a few things doing this and am glad I did it, but don't think I will do it again.

I guess the shave I was complaining about before wax a one off, because I pressed through and all has been going well. Shave 16 today.

proxy.php

Great to hear you're still going! :thumbup1:

I tossed mine in the blade bank yesterday. Sixteen was enough for me.

Today was shave #20. I'm amazed this blade is still going. Around shave 5-6 I was ready to throw in the towel and had no interest in going much further. Now, I'm obsessed with seeing how far I can take this blade. I know I'll hit 30, and at least give it the full month that was initially challenged.

Today was shave #20. I'm amazed this blade is still going. Around shave 5-6 I was ready to throw in the towel and had no interest in going much further. Now, I'm obsessed with seeing how far I can take this blade. I know I'll hit 30, and at least give it the full month that was initially challenged.
Really KJ? :w00t:

$very-interesting.jpg
My interest is definitely piqued. I'll be watching this space for sure. :popc:

I understand the obsession with it I almost picked mine up for a few more, but It was really starting to take a lot of work for a mediocre shave.
Congrats on 20! I'll definitely be watching to see how far you go. :thumbup1:

Shave 25 today, and in all honesty, this was the best shave yet from this blade. For the first time, I required no touchup after my normal passes.

This blade is teaching me so much about blade angle. Most blades I use the angle doesn't matter so much. I can shave very quickly and if I'm off a bit, the blade doesn't care. This blade requires the optimum blade angle to be used, and I hit it today. Wow, great shave!

I tried one of these blades from the Don't enter this PIF. My observations are as follows:

The first attempt at shaving was merely just coaxing the hair to stand up a little more. The blade didn't cut, but did a fine job of extending the hairs so the lather could properly fill the follicle and strengthen the hair fibers. Then, I tried across the grain, which merely angered my beard and gave it a more steely resolve. At this point I would probably have been able to use my stubble to remove barnacles from a piling, so I took advantage and used my neck to finish sand a wood working project. Next step was against the grain. Finally it cut the hairs. If you've ever petted a feral tomcat from tail to head, you've a pretty fair idea of what my neck did to me. After this shaving experience, I can appreciate the reason many people like Feather blades and the associated three layers of dermis removal.

I tried one of these blades from the Don't enter this PIF. My observations are as follows:

The first attempt at shaving was merely just coaxing the hair to stand up a little more. The blade didn't cut, but did a fine job of extending the hairs so the lather could properly fill the follicle and strengthen the hair fibers. Then, I tried across the grain, which merely angered my beard and gave it a more steely resolve. At this point I would probably have been able to use my stubble to remove barnacles from a piling, so I took advantage and used my neck to finish sand a wood working project. Next step was against the grain. Finally it cut the hairs. If you've ever petted a feral tomcat from tail to head, you've a pretty fair idea of what my neck did to me. After this shaving experience, I can appreciate the reason many people like Feather blades and the associated three layers of dermis removal.

Thanks for the laugh!

I "won" these in the Do Not Enter This PIF...

Firstly I should have listened as I now know why it's called the Survivors Club. I took some advice from another thread and tried a cold shave. The cold is the only thing that staved off irritation and the blood. Not only was I fearing for my life to go ATG but, my son "air shaves" with me and he got a closer shave. Although I didn't bleed much this is also due to the fact that this blade couldn't cut a fart. To the gentlemen pushing more than one shave out of them, you are a glutton for punishment!

Luckily I was PIF'ed some really nice blades (Feathers, Derby, Gillette, and the like) which will make it up. Also, cold shaving isn't for me.

Last edited:
@Ivanstein and @Jsouthard825 (and the others from the Do Not Enter PIF), congratulations on joining the club. There's some personal satisfaction in shaving with the world's worst blade. I got thru 1 shave and that was plenty to satisfy my own morbid curiosity. I PIF'd a few to my son (and a few others lucky souls whom I hope don't hold it against me). My son tried one and gave the rest back.

I stand in awe of these brave souls who have pushed forward to multiple shaves. :ouch1:

I think this needs repeating with the recent crop of testers.

You guys are quitting to soon. The second pass is so much better than the first, and by the time you get to the 3rd or forth shave it really smooths out. I plan on picking mine back up tomorrow.

Top Bottom