What's new

Graham Field month

You may well be right though I will say after using a tech yesterday I have to say that I know we say "no pressure" but...yeah some pressure ;)
I already assumed this would be the case, but with as dull as the blade is I could probably put a 5 pound weight on the razor and still not be able to break the skin.:laugh:

I already assumed this would be the case, but with as dull as the blade is I could probably put a 5 pound weight on the razor and still not be able to break the skin.:laugh:
Haha yep, the way things are going im acctually thinking that while dull it may well round out and become surprisingly smooth...I hope

I just got home from vacation yesterday, and found 10 of these blade sin my mailbox. Loaded one up last night in preparation for this mornings shave. Funny thing was, it looked exactly like the blade I took out. Same arrows and made in USA on one side, and arrows with a letter and number on the other side.

Shave #1 (on 2 days growth)
I instantly realized that I needed to alter my technique with this blade. I normally shave very fast. Well, I don't think it's fast, but others have commented on my videos that it is very fast. This blade grips! Which required me to hold the razor a little shallower and pull a little slower than normal. Aside from that, there was no tugging/pulling, and the shave was pretty close. 2 Passes plus a little touchup. No nicks, no weepers, no irritation. This wasn't as comfortable as other blades, but overall gave me a good shave. Definitely not the worst blade I've used (that distinction goes to Derby). I'm curious to see how long this blade will last.

I just got home from vacation yesterday, and found 10 of these blade sin my mailbox. Loaded one up last night in preparation for this mornings shave. Funny thing was, it looked exactly like the blade I took out. Same arrows and made in USA on one side, and arrows with a letter and number on the other side.

I instantly realized that I needed to alter my technique with this blade. I normally shave very fast. Well, I don't think it's fast, but others have commented on my videos that it is very fast. This blade grips! Which required me to hold the razor a little shallower and pull a little slower than normal. Aside from that, there was no tugging/pulling, and the shave was pretty close. 2 Passes plus a little touchup. No nicks, no weepers, no irritation. This wasn't as comfortable as other blades, but overall gave me a good shave. Definitely not the worst blade I've used (that distinction goes to Derby). I'm curious to see how long this blade will last.

You must have gotten a bad one! :w00t:

Then again, you've got a Leggo face!!! :laugh:

-SHAVE 4-

This time round it's my late model tech and mama bears coffee, it dose seem to be smoothing out or perhaps I'm just used to this...

Shave 2
Head cheeks and neck shave

I used a fat handle pre war Tech today. I did 3 WTG passes on head 2 WTG 1XTG on cheeks and neck. there was a little pulling on the first pass, but not bad. The Tech did better than I expected. I would call it a DFS, but just barely. It wasn't as close as the Fatboy or Slim, but still a very respectable shave.

I agree that a shallow angle is the key. I hadn't really thought about it until I read your comment. I've been using some of the more aggressive SE and a single ring lately, so I think I'm automatically using a shallow angle. Maybe this is part of why I seem to be one of the few who has used this blade more than once.

Also 2 days growth is rough I tried it once in the PIF thread with a Single Ring it felt like I was trying to shave Velcro.

[MENTION=29515]TheVez2[/MENTION]

What razor did you use?

I'm shocked that you feel these blades are better than Derby's!

If Derby's and Graham-field's were the only 2 brands available for DE shaving, I would go with Derby's without a doubt. If Graham-field was the only blade available, I would go with cartridges.

Shave #2
Merkur HD
Williams Soap

Much better shave today. Only one day of growth helped a lot. Plus the slickness of Williams allowed me to shave much faster than I did yesterday.

Maybe I will have to try this blade again, with 1 day growth and shallow angle, instead of my normal 2 day and steep angle in aggressive razors. Maybe I'll try it in the NEW-LC. Good info!

-SHAVE 5-

Quite a poor shave this morning mostly due to sleep deprivation, I'm quite distracted at the moment with life issues and my poor choice of soap. Still the shave was close so onwards to another day of work..

I did not use the blade this morning. I woke up sick and needed to shave quickly, which I can't do with this blade. I'll also be taking about a week off as I promised a soap maker I'd do some testing and I need to use the best razor/blade for that task. I'll pick this trial back up after that.

Shave 3
Head, cheeks, and neck shave
NEW LC

Pretty much what I've been experiencing. Some tugging on the first pass, but 2nd and 3rd were better. I got a pretty good 3 pass shave, very close to what 2 passes with a normal blade would have been.

-SHAVE 6-

Guys...something strange is going on... 3 passes, no stinging from the alum or A/S splash and it's a BBS shave....
This is the best shave I've had from this blade yet

Most blades get buttery smooth and efficient after about ten shaves, maybe it's starting to smooth out. Or maybe you have ripped all the nerve endings out of your face! :tongue_sm

Top Bottom