What's new

various comparisons after being bearded for the last 8 years.

I am back to shaving - I find that much has changed in the last 8 years or so and it is probably due to the internet as much as anything else. Now there is information and much more sharing. My return necessitated buying some more shaving cream. I immediately ordered my old standby - TOBS almond. It is my gold standard from the past. I ordered Cella, Proraso and Col. Conk for travel. I also have a TOBS small travel solid soap that I have not actually tried yet. The Cella and the TOBS are both almond and I love them. The Proraso sort of jellified and has so far produced the worst lather. The solid travel Col Conk works admirably. All is well.

I have also ventured into a couple of synthetic brushes as well as some more badger ones. I know these affect how the shaving soap/creams work. The Proraso is at its worst with the synthetics. The synthetics are marvelous with the best badger and super badger brushes are truly excellent with the TOBS, Cella and Conk travel.

All will be well.

8 years! And here I was thinking my previous 8 months of beardedness was a long time. Welcome back! That bearded time for me sure was nice on the wallet, though.

I usually am in either a five or eight year cycle - Now I am hitting 72 this year my wife wants me to look younger. Happy wife happy life!

8 years! And here I was thinking my previous 8 months of beardedness was a long time. Welcome back! That bearded time for me sure was nice on the wallet, though.

Top Bottom