What's new

Pipe tobacco Scent?

Thanks for this info, I have to try to get on it. OK so I will get the briars out. I do miss the relaxing moments.

Okay I bit the bullet and ordered some Beaver Woodwright.....hopefully it smells the way I think it should....lol....

Thanks to this thread I also ordered the Beaver Woodwright Captain's Pipe soap and AS. I had not tried any BWW products before this. The soap is the best I've used for my hard water. Exceptionally slick. Scent is very good. The AS was a little overpowering for my tastes, but mixed with Bootlegger's Bay Rum it's exactly what I was looking for. Not sure how close it comes to Bootlegger's Perfecto, but now I want to give that one a try as well.

So, have had the Cavendish for a week or so, and it is exactly what I expected. I love the fragrance, but not sure it is exactly for me, but then I keep going back to it, and then I'm not sure, and then back again. I have decided it is one I will definitely Keep around, though at times it can be a bit over powering, it has such a rush of nostalgia (reminds me of my grandfather), that I have to keep it. Currently have the AS and shampoo which is great. Will be ordering some shave soap soon. Also just put in an order with Beaver Woodwright for some Captains Pipe, so I can compare.

Side note, The Beach from PAA is absolutely awesome, if you like something lighter on occasion.

Got the Beaver Woodwrights Captains Pipe today, and it is totally different than the others, and I really really like it as well. I am starting to think I need to just stick with tobacco inspired scents. I may just see how many different ones I can find.

Got the Beaver Woodwrights Captains Pipe today, and it is totally different than the others, and I really really like it as well. I am starting to think I need to just stick with tobacco inspired scents. I may just see how many different ones I can find.

Different in which way? I haven't been home to get my BWW...

Different in which way? I haven't been home to get my BWW...

It doesn't have that sweet cherry pipe tobacco scent like Cavendish, it is a more earthy burnt wood/tobacco type scent. At least that is my first impression. And both are completely different than the WSP tobacco, which I really like as well.

It doesn't have that sweet cherry pipe tobacco scent like Cavendish, it is a more earthy burnt wood/tobacco type scent. At least that is my first impression. And both are completely different than the WSP tobacco, which I really like as well.

Ok ill see if the BWW has the sent I imagined...I have a feeling I might be looking else where...dang.

Don't take my word for it, our impressions could be very different. I am looking forward to finding out what your impression is.

+2 - imagine opening a pouch of cavendish pipe tobacco, sticking your nonse in and taking a whiff. That's exactly what PAA Cavendish smells like!

This. My 81 year-old dad let me smell his tins when I was a small boy. In college, I smoked a pipe but, to this day, I'm not sure if I liked smoking it more than sniffing it. PAA Cavendish brings it all back, almost all day, every time I splash it on.

Okay, got my BWW pipe sent soap and aftershave balm...I must say it smells ok and performs fantastic.
The Sent it definitely pipe tobacco but I would say burn Cavendish not fresh....my wife says it smells like sweet wood smoke.
It is nice but not the Sent I was imagining in my head which was more cherry wine sweet and less smokey.

Overall I'd have it a 7 out of 10 for what I invasion but 10 out of 10 for performance.

Looks like I might have to keep looking.....

(on a side not the sample of the Black Beard aftershave they included smells awesome...very fresh an citrus..might actually try that one as well...lol)

Okay, got my BWW pipe sent soap and aftershave balm...I must say it smells ok and performs fantastic.
The Sent it definitely pipe tobacco but I would say burn Cavendish not fresh....my wife says it smells like sweet wood smoke.
It is nice but not the Sent I was imagining in my head which was more cherry wine sweet and less smokey.

Overall I'd have it a 7 out of 10 for what I invasion but 10 out of 10 for performance.

Looks like I might have to keep looking.....

(on a side not the sample of the Black Beard aftershave they included smells awesome...very fresh an citrus..might actually try that one as well...lol)
If you havent already, give PAA Cavendish a try, much sweeter/heavier cherry.

I like the Captains Pipe. Not what I was expecting, but performance is good, and so it has found a place in my rotation.

Nice, Good to know. I might need to give them a try.

Their aftershave balm is wonderful on the skin...keeps it soft and moisturised all day....just finished 6 hours at home then 7hrs of flying since shaving this morning, face feel awesome still!

You can add Henri et Victoria-Cognac & Cuban Cigars to the list.

proxy.php

Top Bottom