What's new

Pipe tobacco Scent?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pipe-Tobacc...298916?hash=item3d07871764:g:dYwAAOSwq7JT5qeY
hope this is ok it's a BIN
I have no affiliation with this company
this sent is just like Cherry Blend pipe tobacco
one of my favorites

Okay ordered up this one with the soap...let's see how this is...I asked the maker if it had any "smokey" smell to it and they said no "exatly like sticking your nose into the pouch" is the reply I got.

Stay tuned as I should have it early next week and I'll updated (my wife is gonna think I'm nuts if I keep this up....lol)

Stay tuned as I should have it early next week and I'll updated (my wife is gonna think I'm nuts if I keep this up....lol)

Please do let us know. I'm also looking for a good pipe tobacco AS. I'm a big PAA fan, but Cavendish is waaaay too sweet to qualify.

$IMG_20160509_191105.jpg

Ok the Ecogarden Pipe Tobacco and Brandy shaving soap and aftershave have arrived this evening...I will be road testing it in the AM but on first smell this is the exact sent that I had in my mind (the soap very much so and the aftershave is slightly diluted so I think they will be perfect together). It is that, nose in the pipe tobacco pouch sweet cherry smell that I remember! If it performs half as good as it smells we will have a winner (no its not smokey smelling like Captain Pipe)

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
do make sure you shake it before you use it the oil tends to separate.
glad you like it I think you'll be impressed

I recently picked up some Figaro Monsieur AS. Love it like crazy. Has a nice tobacco scent IMO. In stock at IB.

Okay so I shaved with this today.....the soap is goat milk based so I found the lather thick and quite heavy but not sticky...it offered tons of glide with my straight and smelt great = keeper and worth the $$$

The aftershave has witch hazel in it so it's already a plus...smelt good on application, a bit of sting but nothing more than other products but I'm not sure if it was just me not putting on enough or my skin type really took to it but the sent disipated very quickly...every now and then I seemed to get a wiff of it in the morning at work but no where near the staying power of Captain Pipe. So for sent preference I would give it an 8 out of 10 where as staying power a 5....YMMV though or I may need to just add more (any opinion here or help to those have used as well). So for the price it as keeper but I'm on the fence as to how well it works as an all day aftershave.

I used the combo again today and am very happy with it as it smells great...funny things is I can still smell the pipe tobacco cherry sent on my face tonight, 18hrs after my shave...guess my skin just likes the stuff and I become desensitized very quickly.

The true test will be this weekend after I get back from my business trip....the "wife approval test" will set the record straight....hahaha

My Ecogarden Pipe Tobacco & Brandy SS and AS arrived today. So, if all goes according to plan, I will be giving this a try this evening.

OK, So, the Pipe Tobacco & Brandy. My initial thoughts were that the scent was very mild, with both having a powdery note (not sure if I care for that or not), and the AS being heavier on the brandy. To me, I am not getting a lot of the tobacco and cherry that I was expecting. As much as Cavendish is way over the top, I feel this is too understated. The soap lathered pretty nicely, took a bit more work to get it to load then the other soaps I use, but I did get a nice thick lather. First pass was very nice, no complaints at all. But, by the second pass, the lather had already started to break down, something I have not experienced with the other soaps I have used, and by the time I got to my clean up all I really had left in my bowl was a milky froth. Usually I still have nice stiff peaks in my bowl. I will give the soap another shot, but I do not currently feel it is going to be a keeper. The AS feels good, but again, I think it is just to light, and has no staying power. I only shaved an hour ago, and I can't tell I have it on at all. My wife just came back from the store, and I asked her opinion, and she could barely tell I had anything on, unlike last night with the Cavendish, when she commented several times it was just way too much. She did say that what she could get of it she kind of liked, but there just wasn't much there. I will give this one another try, probably tomorrow. I am pretty sure the soap is going to be part of a future PIF. The AS, I may play around with it, maybe do some mixes with the Cavendish, and maybe cut the Cav a bit, or boost this one just enough to make it usable, but right now it is not working on its own. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Okay so then the AS is not just me finding it light...what I did do was reapply the AS a second time after I got dressed as it has witch hazel which is good for the skin anyways

Just splashed on some more, we will see if the wife notices.

How did the soap perform for you.

Soap is good...I face lather though so I load the brush with about 30 swirls after letting the soap sit with a touch of water in it while I shower.

Gives me a nice creamy lather not aerie....cant comment on using a bowl/ scuttle sorry.

Top Bottom