What's new

2016 NFL Official Thread

As we all thought, it's Jared Goff at pick 1, so a no brainer now that the Eagles take Wentz at 2. Then the fun begins...

Bosa went pretty high, maybe a little Von Miller Superbowl effect there? Too bad he went to a Broncos division rival.

Cowboys were my first team. I want them to take Ezekiel Elliott and get their running game back on track.

Somebody really has it in for Laremy Tunsil. His Twitter account was hacked and 10 minutes before the draft, a video was posted of him smoking something from a bong taped to a gas mask. He was once maybe the top pick and now he's falling like a rock. Apparently the video is maybe 5 years old and he passed every drug test in college. But he's become a pariah as of now at perhaps the worst possible moment. He's already lost millions of dollars and might lose it all. Quite the cautionary tale.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
SWMBO gave me a funny look when I smacked the couch and did a Darth Vader "Nooooo!!!" when Conklin went off the board 2 picks before my Giants could get him. :lol:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
There were a few surprises so far tonight, starting right at #3. I had to give up the TV to SWMBO after the Gmen pick :bored: At least I got to watch that long.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My phone is an old slider, but only costs about $8-10 pre-paid a month. I can text if I hit each button 3-4 times, and I get 1.3 MEGA pixels. I hear they're bigger than normal pixels. :tongue_sm

My phone is an old slider, but only costs about $8-10 pre-paid a month. I can text if I hit each button 3-4 times, and I get 1.3 MEGA pixels. I hear they're bigger than normal pixels. :tongue_sm
I had one like that. The TSA destroyed it in the Newark NJ airport otherwise I'd probably never had bought a smartphone.

The Broncos aren't up in the first round until the very end, at 31. I think there's a good chance that Paxton Lynch will fall all the way to the Broncos at 31. I know they like him but do they really need another project quarterback now, enough to use a first round pick? I doubt it. I'm thinking Karl Joseph or Cody Whitehair, unless they make a move to get Robert Nkemdiche. Anybody else got a prediction?
Guess the Broncos really like Paxton Lynch and must have thought other teams were after him before they'd get a chance at pick 31. Reportedly the Cowboys and others were looking to trade up into the 1st round, quite likely for Lynch. So they gave Seattle a third-round selection (No. 94) to move up to No. 26 to take Lynch. Lynch with Kubiak could be special. Just wonder how long it'll take for him to be ready.

Reportedly the Broncos had Paxton Lynch ranked above Jared Goff on their board so guess it was a good deal. I knew they liked him but didn't know how much.

Time will tell. Which young quarterbacks has Kubiak coached up to be a top ten quarterback in his days with the Bronco's and the Texan's?
Osweiller is still a question mark. I couldn't come up with one.

Time will tell. Which young quarterbacks has Kubiak coached up to be a top ten quarterback in his days with the Bronco's and the Texan's?
Osweiller is still a question mark. I couldn't come up with one.
Well, you've got a point.

We'll see if Kubiak can't do it or just hasn't had the right opportunity.

I think it's the latter but can't prove it.

I couldn't prove my faith in him last year either when you questioned his ability to win a Superbowl as head coach but it's been proven since with the Superbowl 50 win.

Kubiak's results with quarterbacks have been good, although better with better talent than not.

He was Steve Young's QB coach when he won his only Superbowl, for Elway for both of his Superbowl wins, and for Peyton Manning's only Superbowl win as a Bronco.

Joe Flacco’s QB rating jumped 18 points in 2014, when Kubiak became Baltimore’s offensive coordinator. And it dropped eight points in 2015, after Kubiak left. Many analysts have compared Lynch to Flacco coincidentally.

Brian Griese, Jake Plummer and Matt Schaub all did well most seasons under Kubiak.

Oh, and Kubiak didn't really develop Osweiler except as backup for his fourth year with the Broncos. Although Osweiler's only playing time was that year under Kubiak and he did OK. We'll see how he does in Houston. Should be at least OK, how good will be interesting to see.

Top Bottom