What's new

2016 NFL Official Thread

Hoyer is a joke. Is it really that hard to find a decent starting QB in the NFL????
It sure seems so. My childhood neighbor was both star quarterback and kicker at our high school. But he lacked the work ethic, and maybe the talent to continue the QB role into college. He became a kicker only at that point. His kick won the Bluebonnet Bowl for the Texas Longhorns over Colorado and he set the record for the longest field goal in NCAA history, which was later tied but never broken. He's the only three-time All-America punter in NCAA history and was drafted 11th overall in the NFL draft, second highest pick for a kicker at the time.

But he still didn't cut it as a quarterback after high school. Something about not really liking that pesky practicing it seems. Peyton he wasn't. Once he got into the NFL it was kinda downhill for him. He wasn't the big fish in the small pond any more, rather the other way around.

Your friend should come out if retirement!

Im sure he's still better than Hoyer and Sanchez.

Thanks for the story, that's great!

The Eagles traded up to the 2nd overall pick so guess that means Wentz and Goff are both gone.

And Ohs Nos! Hoyer is visiting the Broncos after the Jets... :-(

Hope this didn't happen with the Broncos and Von Miller...

Panthers rescind franchise tag on Josh Norman

The Carolina Panthers announced Wednesday that the team has rescinded the non-exclusive franchise tag on cornerback Josh Norman. Norman is entering his fifth NFL season and immediately becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent.

“After a number of conversations with Josh’s agent we realized that a long-term deal was not attainable,” general manager Dave Gettleman said. “We have decided to rescind the Franchise Tag freeing Josh to immediately become a UFA. We thank Josh for all his contributions and truly wish him well.”

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Wonder if the Giants will go get Norman. Now THAT would make for an interesting locker room brawl.

It's incredible.
Wentz had better be Peyton Manning and not Ryan Leaf.

Otherwise
proxy.php

Well the Redskins signed Josh Norman to a reportedly $75 million dollar 5 year deal. Neat trick for a team with $11.5 million in cap space and the draft coming up up with new players to pay for.

Norman reportedly is getting $50 guaranteed money in the Redskins contract. Be interesting to see if he justifies that. Not clear to me that he's as good as he and the Redskins obviously think he is. Doesn't seen like the Panthers thought so and you'd think they'd know. I don't know but will be interesting to see. The Redskins face three of the league's five best wide receivers in Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant and Odell Beckham in the season's first three games. So it shouldn't take long to get a good idea.

Best revenge games on 2016 schedule. At least the ones that caught my attention. Please add any that you feel I missed.

• Cam Newton vs Von Miller, Week 1
    Robert Griffin III vs. Redskins, Week 4
    Chip Kelly vs. LeSean McCoy, Part II, Week 6
    Brock Osweiler vs. Broncos, Week 7
    Mario Williams vs. Bills, Week 7 & 16
    Jimmy Graham vs. Saints, Week 8
    Arizona Cardinals at Carolina Panthers, Week 8
    Seattle Seahawks at New England Patriots, Week 10
    Chris Long vs. Rams, Week 13
    Carolina Panthers at Seattle Seahawks, Week 13
    Tom Brady vs. Von Miller, Week 15

Adding