What's new

2016 NFL Official Thread

It's incredible.
Wentz had better be Peyton Manning and not Ryan Leaf.

Otherwise
proxy.php

Watch those boneheads pick the chooch from Penn State.

Hoyer is a joke. Is it really that hard to find a decent starting QB in the NFL????
The Patriots will likely be looking for a short term backup QB at some point now. So Hoyer may reassume that role in New England. And Fitzpatrick, etc might now be on their radar.

So Bradford wants out of Philly. I bet Sanchez is thinking "Please don't let Sam Bradford come to Denver!" I'd almost feel sorry for the guy if thatv did come to pass. Although personally I still think the Kaepernick deal might still happen.

The Patriots will likely be looking for a short term backup QB at some point now. So Hoyer may reassume that role in New England. And Fitzpatrick, etc might now be on their radar.

Hoyer was shown the door for good reason. BB doesn't let you back in if you have displeased him in the past.

Jimmy Garapolo will start and some nobody you ever heard of will back him up.

All the Sanchezes, Kapernicks, Bradfords, Fitzpatricks and Manzels of the world will wash up upon the shores of Mile High, and you guys are welcome to them.

EDIT: Actually, BB may add Fitzy to the team through training camp to pick his brain about the Jets, then cut him as he did with Tebow.

Last edited:
Hoyer was shown the door for good reason. BB doesn't let you back in if you have displeased him in the past.

Jimmy Garapolo will start and some nobody you ever heard of will back him up.

All the Sanchezes, Kapernicks, Bradfords, Fitzpatricks and Manzels of the world will wash up upon the shores of Mile High, and you guys are welcome to them.
You may be right about a no-name backing up Garapolo. Doesn't look like the Patriots have a lot of cap room to work with. Although it's possible could swing a cheap deal for Nick Foles.

As far as Denver QBs, Sanchez yes obviously. Kapernick quite likely IMHO. Bradford maybe. Fitzpatrick doubt it. Manzel no.

Last edited:
Last year the Patriots signed Ryan Lindley in case Brady was suspended and then cut him when his suspension was overturned. I imagine they'll go a similar route. I can't see them spending either significant money for a 4 week rental or trading away draft picks (especially this year when they don't have a 1st or a 4th). Unless someone wants one of our 5 6th round draft picks!

Who is Brady's long-term successor?

Probably not Garrappolo, honestly. I understand the thinking of why he would be since they used so much draft capital (2nd round pick) to get him, but his contract ends in 2017 and Brady's doesn't expire until 2019. I can't remember the last time they've resigned a backup QB and I'm sure there will be some interest in him from other teams. After all we were able to trade Mallett and he was not good as Brady's backup and a disaster since.

Last year the Patriots signed Ryan Lindley in case Brady was suspended and then cut him when his suspension was overturned. I imagine they'll go a similar route. I can't see them spending either significant money for a 4 week rental or trading away draft picks (especially this year when they don't have a 1st or a 4th). Unless someone wants one of our 5 6th round draft picks!
Looks like Lindley is available.

Brady was a 6th round pick. And Terrell Davis, Antonio Brown. Shannon Sharpe was 7th round, Johnny Unitas 9th, Roger Staubach 10th, Bart Starr 17th. There's also an even bigger list of high round flops and completely undrafted greats. The draft often seems like something of a crapshoot.

Julian Edelman will be under center for the first 4 games.

That'd actually be pretty cool. Do some old-school wing-T or wildcat style offenses. At least kind of like the old NES 10 Yard Fight game where the only thing you could do was either sweep the QB, pitch to the RB, or throw to the TE (we have a pretty good one!).

JaMarcus Russell said he'll play for free. Can't get a cheaper backup than that! Well, until he costs you some games anyway.

The Broncos aren't up in the first round until the very end, at 31. I think there's a good chance that Paxton Lynch will fall all the way to the Broncos at 31. I know they like him but do they really need another project quarterback now, enough to use a first round pick? I doubt it. I'm thinking Karl Joseph or Cody Whitehair, unless they make a move to get Robert Nkemdiche. Anybody else got a prediction?

Top Bottom