What's new

What's your best budget shave cream?

Nivea for Men Sensitive Shave Cream (in the tube.) Slick, protective, prodigious lather, nice light scent. Available in places like drugstores, Walmart, and Target. Costs about $3.50 a tube - worth three times the price.

Three or four years back,it was Fraziers (Canadian product I believe). You could buy a huge jar for less than $10 and it was above average cream. But I haven't seen it in a while now.

Craig

Got mine at WCS just a few months ago and love it... They usually stock it.

Old Spice Original, Musk and Fresh Lime shaving creams from India
They also do the Original, Musk and Fresh Lime aftershaves in the old fashioned white glass bottles

I do not think there are any budget shave creams comparable to old canned Barbasol under $2 and lasting more than a year. Closest thing may be Arko soap. Still, among the lower-price creams in rotation are Arko Kremi, C.O. Bigelow, and India Old Spice. The latter two I may mix with a more expensive and fragrant cream such as TOBS Lavender. I have a few in reserve, yet untried, like Herbs and Rose of Bulgaria. Derby has a Lavender variety which I would like to try, though I have seen reviews that it has an artificial-like scent. Arko has a line of AS cream, balm, and cologne if you can call that "matching".

What is your top pick for a budget shave cream (e.g. under $10)? Bonus points if you can name a matching AS or ASB!

A matching pair that comes to mind for me is Nivea Original shave cream and Nivea Sensitive ASB. Both excellent products for the price.
Yardley Gold with the aftershave of the same name.

Budget is relative to location, it seems.
For me, since I live in Germany, Via Mens and MonSavon Bol a Rasor, both at $1.50 for 150 grams, are my cheap favorites along with Arko, also at $1.50 a stick and Nivea and Speick....
But, from what I've read here on the ever-reliable B&B, the MonSavon runs upwards of $9 for the same tiny tub...at that price, it ain't' cheap anymore.

I may be a weirdo, but I really like Derby creams. I have the Original, Lemon, and Menthol, they all perform the same for me. For matching, I like Arko for affordability, variety, and they have matching aftershave creams AND balms if you're into that.

If cheap is what you want, then Arko is for you. Tubes go for $3+ and perform really well for the price. I like the "extra fresh" the best.

Lea isn't bad at all. I got a small tube for free. Can't beat that for value
LaToja is worth twice the asking price
C.O. Bigelow is always in the hunt
...and Body Works Maca Root for $10.00 is fair dinkum

Top Bottom