What's new

Change in routine for Lent

I usually use Lent as my time of year when I use up anything that I bought, tried, and won't buy again. I also use it to use up those thing I've overbought.

This year, I'm doing the same thing, but with a twist: by coincidence, the master bath in my home is being remodeled and my wife and I are stuck using the guest bath during the work. Rather than move everything into the guest bath- which I can't do anyways because of a lack of space (and having to share the space with my wife)- I moved only those items I want to use up.

Right now, I am using up a package of 12 Personna twin blade disposables that I had lying around.

Does anyone else change their shaving routine for Lent or some other time of year?

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I'm sure some folks here do, but I don't change anything for Lent, but then, I'm an atheist so Lent means very little to me. I do respect those who follow their religion, and I like that it leads up to a nice Easter dinner at one of my sister's or niece's house. Yeah, not the answer you were looking for.:blushing:

I'm sure some folks here do, but I don't change anything for Lent, but then, I'm an atheist so Lent means very little to me. I do respect those who follow their religion, and I like that it leads up to a nice Easter dinner at one of my sister's or niece's house. Yeah, not the answer you were looking for.:blushing:

But a great answer nonetheless! I sat next to a guy tonight, at the bar, from a place way south from here. He's interviewing for a job. Nice fellow. He spoke at length about his political and religious views, which I respect. I warned him that if he moves here, he will be in a distinct minority, in a very friendly way. He ended up moving chairs, and telling me to shut the f*** up. When I left, I went to him and wished him good luck with his job hunt, and to have a nice life...

Sigh. I love the concept of Lent. Restraints!

As a catholic I practice lent but have never applied it to shaving. This year I took the approach of start stop and continue. Start something beneficial stop something harmful continue something I'm proud of.

The past couple years I gave up beer for Lent and am doing that this year. Never thought of changing anything shaving related. After reading your post it sounds like a good idea. I've been working my way through the rest of a tub of Proraso white recently and might just stick with one soap till it's gone during Lent.

I grew up in on-and-off religious attendance, mostly off, and still have but light exposure to religion of the organized kind. Sometimes I hear of Fat Tuesday and/or the Lenten season. Since I've had livelihoods with little respect for holidays or weekends, then days of lent, like most national and religious holidays, are like any other day. What I do know is that Easter is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Vernal Equinox, so its date varies wildly, and lent begins some 6 1/2 weeks before. I believe everything is happening early this year. The Equinox is Sunday March 20, the full moon March 23, putting Easter on March 27. The beginning of the observance of a Spring holiday started Wednesday and it is barely above zero Fahrenheit. All things pass.

There is nothing ascetic for me in using Williams soap as I really like it but in order to simplify (and to use up some soap) I am using Williams exclusively till Easter. I'm also trying to limit credit card expenses as much as possible to groceries and gasoline unless its for the family. In other words, I'm staying away from ebay, Amazon, & local booksellers.

Top Bottom