What's new

PIF: Gillette 1948-1950 Aristocrat CONUS

Brushes: VDH boar brush Sally beauty supply boar brush/ & a mystery boar brush I found at a flea market.
Soaps: VDH deluxe/ Prorasso green/ Col.Conks almond/ Williams mug shave.
Razors: 2 40s style superspeeds/ Fatboy/ super adjustable/ flairtip superspeed/ old type/ ball end tech/ Schick Krona/ MTO.
I would love to own an Aristocrat, I have heard great things about them. I love the vintage gilletts and think it would be a great addition to my shave rotation.
I'm in. Thanks for the opportunity,.

Wonderful PIF.

Brush: a silvertip

Soap: strop shoppe SE Baker Street, Nuavia Rosso

Razor: Muhle R89

And of course, I am in. Thanks for the chance.

Brush: VDH (and a Omega 10049 hopefully in transit)
Soap: Cella, Arko and Col. Conk Lime (many samples hopefully in transit)
Razor: Micro Touch 1 (MR8 hopefully in transit)

Why I would like to try the Aristocrat: I have been cartridge shaving for years. When I expressed an interest in trying DE shaving, my wife went and bought me a Micro Touch 1 as a gift. While the MT1 seems nice enough, I can't help but think there are razors out there that are much nicer. Therefore, I have made an order with Maggards for the MR8 and some other supplies to try out. Since I have been doing a lot of reading in these forums, I have also decided that I need to try some vintage razors as well... all in the hopes of finding the best shave I can get.

Of course... IM IN!

Brush: Semogue 830, 2x Razorock Plissons(24-26mm)
Soap: I own a lot of soaps. (You can see most of them at this link and I have many, many samples)
Razor: Merkur 34C & Futur, Feather AS-D2, and a Shavemaxx razor.
Why: I'd love to try a vintage razor. I've heard good things and have scouted for them, but have never found one.

I'm IN!

Aos Finest Badger, Stirling Kong. Also Razorock 26mm x 2 to gift to my 2 boys, also Razorock synth for trave.
Gillette Adjustable Slim(2, one my dad's) Meuhle R41 head, Maggard MR6, Stirling DE3/P2, Gillette Super adj, and fatboy
North Eastern Missouri
Why you want to try an Aristocrat: Down with the peasants.
I'M IN!

Brush and soap you already own:
VDH badger, Simpson duke 2, epsilon horse, Razorock plissoft monster synthetic.
Proraso green, Stirling executive man and cocoa forest, Italian barber Amici, Tabula rasa dark lavender, Meissner Tremonia Dark Lime.

DE razors you own:
Merkur 34C
Country that you live in
Tulsa, OK USA
Why you want to try an Aristocrat
just started with the Merkur, really want to try a vintage
I'M IN!

Omega Pro 49, TOBS Cedarwood, PannaCrema San Francesco, Proraso Green, Tabula Rasa Cardamom
Gillette 1972 Super Adjustable
USA, USA, USA! Louisiana
The Aristocrat gets a lot of love around here...I would really like to know why.
"I'M IN!" Thanks for this great opportunity!

VDH premium shave soap and VDH badger brush (learning how to lather properly)
Do not own a DE razor as of yet (just getting into shaving)
United States of America
I would love to try any DE razor, a vintage one that would allow me to research the history of it is just a plus in IMO
I'M IN!

Last edited:
What a great PIF! I'm not in as I have 7 razors that I'm trying to narrow down, so for now... I don't need any more! Good luck to all who enter!

Brushes: Semogue 830, Omega badger ?# (10 yrs old)
Soaps: Col Conk lime, Tabac (yummy)
Razor: Merkur 23c
Why an Aristocrat? Totally wanting to try a vintage Gillette.
I'M IN! (shouted joyfully and hopefully)

Brush and soap you already own: I own two brushes, a Parker silver tip badger, and a new synthetic by Larry Andreasson.
I have many soaps, having used soap with cartridges long before I starting using a DE.
Tabac, Sitrling, Ogallala, Cold River, Trumper.

DE razors you own: I have a Merkur 34C and a VDH that was my start into DE shaving

Country that you live in: USA

Why you want to try an Aristocrat: I would love to try a vintage razor, and all the Aristocrats I have seen look quite beautiful.

I'm IN!

What a generous PIF!

Brian

Last edited:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I'M IN!

Brush and soap you already own: Duke 3, RazoRock Plissoft, Mudder Focker, Don Marco, Zi Peppino

DE razors you own: A bunch, including a number of Super Speeds.

Why you want to try an Aristocrat: Being a user of vintage Gillettes, including a lot of Super Speeds, I have always wanted to try an Aristocrat. I have tried to get one on the bay quite a few times with no success. If I won this PIF, it would be my first ever shave with an Aristocrat.

Thanks for the awesome PIF!

Brush and soap you already own: AOS Pure and Williams!
DE razors you own: Gillette Slim
Why you want to try an Aristocrat: Who wouldn't?
and last but not least, those joy-filled and hopeful words, "I'M IN!"

I'M IN!

I'm in, Thanks.
Brush Omega S and 2 vintage brushes with original boar knots
Soaps VDH Deluxe and Luxury, vintage Williams, and WSP Black Amber Vanille
Razors What I have found in the wild over the last 10 months or so. Quite a few actually, but no Crats
Country USA
Why do I want it. I'm on a mission to try as many vintage razors as possible.
If I win I would PIF another one of mine Slims to keep karma (luck,or whatever you wish to call it) on my side.

I'm in!

Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Italian Barber Amici, B&M Latha Lavenda
Razor: Parker 26r

Why an Aristocrat? I love using vintage tools and the Aristocrats are just beautiful.

Brushes: Semogue 1250, Stirling 22 synthetic, piece of crap Perfecto Badger.

Razors: Edwin Jagger DE87, Gillette Super Speed and Tech (both from my grandfather and will not be parted with.)

Soaps: Stirling, Soap Commander

Why?: I am fairly new to DE shaving and don't have much experience with DE razors. I would like to have something to pass on to friends who are interested in the world of good shaves.

Don't have a brush and using kiss my face cream.
Have a razor with a merkur top and symetry handle.
Live in US.
I have read very postivie comments here on the aristocrat and would love to try something vintage.
"I'M IN!"

Top Bottom