What's new

BIC vs BIC vs (you guessed it) BIC

Hello all,

I was wondering what was the differences between the BIC Original (1 blade) the BIC Sensitive (still 1 blade) and the BIC metal (still 1 blade). I'm in need of a razor for my girlfriend's place and I don't want to acquire another DE since I don't want to put more money for a razor that I won't use that much (I'm currently restoring a straight that will be ready in two/three week and won't be using DE anymore).

Thanks

Hello all,

I was wondering what was the differences between the BIC Original (1 blade) the BIC Sensitive (still 1 blade) and the BIC metal (still 1 blade). I'm in need of a razor for my girlfriend's place and I don't want to acquire another DE since I don't want to put more money for a razor that I won't use that much (I'm currently restoring a straight that will be ready in two/three week and won't be using DE anymore).

Thanks

I don't know or can't recall about the first 2, but I do like the Bic Metals, was my razor of choice all through college, can't go wrong with it IMO

IIRC, the BIC original is out of production.

And I haven't tried the BIC metal, though many people recommend it.

But I have been using BIC sensitives for the whole past week (long story), and found them fine for a quick shave. However, I wouldn't recommend them for a more elaborate shave, because you have to apply too much pressure to get them to cut close, which results in plenty of nicks.

I was wondering what was the differences between the BIC Original (1 blade) the BIC Sensitive (still 1 blade) and the BIC metal (still 1 blade).

The first 2 you mention have a plastic safety bar under the blade. The BIC Metal has a metal bar instead. It also appears that the blade is "beefier" - i.e., more metal than the blades on the regular and sensitive disposables.

I had read several places that the BIC Metal shaved closest to an injector and/or a DE as any disposable razor. I bought a couple packs and used them as "training wheels" when I transitioned from a multi-blade Schick disposable before I bought my 1957 SS. I still have several packs that I plan to use when traveling. They do a commendable job for what they are.

I used to use Bic Metals quite a bit when I used disposables. I really liked them. Bic Sensitives didn't do it for me. OK in a pinch, I guess...

where can one purchase one of these mythic bics?

As to the BIC Metals: Walgreens and a couple other places sell them on line (Google is your friend). I found them at a Carnival supermarket here in Dallas, and I've heard they carry them at Fiesta supermarkets as well.

I wrote to BIC via their web site and asked about availability; they sent me to Walgreens.com and sent me two 5-packs!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
One of the worst things about BIC is that the name is too short for the search function. Too bad they couldn't make exceptions for certain three letter words.

..........I don't want to acquire another DE since I don't want to put more money for a razor that I won't use that much..........
Thanks

Is 8 bucks really too much to spend on a DE to use for a couple weeks? Would a BIC last that long? I dont get it..... (maybe its the RAD talking :biggrin:)

Finally, I settled for a schick krona. I would love to leave a straight at my girlfriend's, but I need one at my place first. I'm looking forward the straight shaving experience

Top Bottom