What's new

How to DE shave under nose?

I normally shave with a Mach3 but trying to use a double edge. I keep cutting myself trying to shave the very upper lip area right under my nose. Is there a method to do this that works since the way I do it with my Mach3 doesn't seem to translate. I pull my nose up and just shave as normal with the Mach3 trying to push in and get the hairs in the crevice there. When I do that with DE I keep getting cut. Any help would be great. Thanks

I just thinking about this during today's shave. My typical method is to stretch the upper lip with a face grimace move, pulling the lip down over my teeth. Another technique is to put your tongue under the lip or "blowfish" the lip to stretch the skin. To get really accurate try using your offhand to lift and position your nose out of the way while creating an "O" with your mouth. This is harder to explain than to demonstrate. Good luck!

I usually go WTG. Then XTG, never ATG. When I apply lather I bring the brush from my cheek slightly higher and come down at a slight angle to my lip. Then I usually connect the stroke from each side by applying a dead center down stroke. My razor motion is the same, come in from the side towards the bottom of the nostril, making sure the top edge of the blade skirts the bottom of the nostril. It's worked well enough for me thus far.

Make some silly shaving faces to stretch the skin. Move your schnozolla around with your non-razor-holding hand.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, try rolling your lips inwards to flatten the moustache area and help the lift of the whiskers.:wink2:

Good advice, above. The mustache area is a tricky part to shave. If you press down at all usually the results are cuts and nicks. Be sure to use a light touch. In addition, I find that going ATG there can be a challenge so I usually do a WTG pass and then XTG in opposite directions. If I need to touchup I use very light strokes.

Good advice, above. The mustache area is a tricky part to shave. If you press down at all usually the results are cuts and nicks. Be sure to use a light touch. In addition, I find that going ATG there can be a challenge so I usually do a WTG pass and then XTG in opposite directions. If I need to touchup I use very light strokes.

+1

Invest in walmart single blades. Seriously. Some things DE's do not do well. The rest DE's are cake. They make DE's for this.
If you're using this JUST FOR THIS those WM generics will last a month---then toss for a new one.

Thanks for the tips gentlemen, I was having this same problem and had to use my Harry's cart for 2 or 3 hairs. I will try this method tonight when I get off work. Being new to DE I am not doing ATG anywhere yet.

Upper lip hairs are tough so they take special attention. I once read in this forum to use very light strokes, hear the resonance of the cutting, do not worry about the stubble's stubbornness, and just keep buffing lightly until the growth is down. I've found that repeated light XTG strokes, east-to-west and west-to-east, is what works best.

Top Bottom