What's new

JA Henckles 72

Good afternoon All,

Well, my first 39th birthday is rapidly approaching and after my wife asked what I'd like I scoured the interwebs looking for a nice straight. I managed to find an eBay seller who has a rather large number of JA Henckles straights at what appear to be reasonable prices. After telling me she had no idea what she was looking at and asking me to pick up an item for my son, I will be opening this in 5 weeks (sorry, it's a screen capture from my phone). A JA Henckles 72 delivered to my door for $70.

$JA Henckles 72.jpg

I'm looking quite forward to trying it...and I'm hoping my patience will be rewarded. In all of your esteemed opinions, how did I do?

Mike T.

Great razor and a good seller. i have purchased a number of Henckels from him previously and have not to date been disappointed. 72 is a fun grind, not too big, not too small. 472 is another fun one...it has some spine decorations but is otherwise basically the same.

If you want to get into a somewhat larger Henckels blade...check out the 17.

Long story short, you got the right price, condition seems to be good overall, and his honing out of the box is usually pretty good (I retouch mine from him but I am picky). Last thing....hard to find a Henckels that doesn't shave extremely well once properly honed!

Top Bottom