What's new

BOTD - Beer Of The Day - 2016

Wow. Trying to think which beer I've had comes close to that ABV...

Mine was Alesmith's Speedway Stout at 12%. Drank the whole bottle myself one weekend afternoon while grilling for the nieces and nephews. Was ordered to lie down and take an afternoon nap with my youngest niece who fell asleep on my shoulder. Slight loss of sentient ability:blush:!

Tonight was Bell's Special Double Cream Stout. Bought a 6... glad I did. Nice, smooth beer with a coffee/chocolate body. 6.1% ABV.

Founder's Breakfast Stout is hitting the shelves right now. To anyone who hasn't tried it, get some now.

Don

Enjoy! Can't tell you how many of these celebrations I find out about the next day. My sister gave me the heads up.

It was fun to check the Twitter tweets for awhile last night. I saw a beer there that a friend recently reviewed on Untappd, and now I have a six of Westbrook Brewing (Mt. Pleasant, SC) Gose on its way!

Last edited:
Gouden Carolus – Cuvée van de Keizer Blauw by Blegian brewer Het Anker and Festina Peche Aged on Peaches by Dogfish Head.

The local pizza and brews place continues to come up with some unusual stuff. My wife had me finish her Festina Peche and ordered her own
Cuvée van de Keizer Blauw! It is a strong dark ale - I get fruit and coffee - at 11% ABV. Worth seeking out!

Here is an online review that I found accurate (though I believe I tasted a more recent batch!):
https://beerapprentice.org/2013/07/04/review-of-gouden-carolus-cuvee-van-de-keizer-blauw-2012/

Last edited:
Yesterday: Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Tasty.

Tonight: Narhawl Imperial Stout by Sierra Nevada. Strong beer in every way. Tastes like espresso and pure, slightly bitter chocolate. Over 10% ABV.

Last edited:
Top Bottom