What's new

looking for a new medium aggressive DE razor

hey guys im looking for a new razor i have a parker heavyweight long handled razor that i love but is a touch too aggressive for me to use every day and an antique Gillette that is way to mild for me to get a good shave with. i really like the long handle design it fits better in my hand so i was thinking about the merkur 38c but cant seem to find a lot of information about it. i know merkur makes good quality razors but i cant find anything about how aggressively it shaves, or if its comparable to the 34c.
any help is greatly appreciated. thank you

I would suggest a Slim Adjustable or a Super Adjustable. I absolutely love my
Slim. My EJDE89 is an incredible shaver as well. I'd consider it medium.

i really like the long handle design it fits better in my hand so i was thinking about the merkur 38c but cant seem to find a lot of information about it. i know merkur makes good quality razors but i cant find anything about how aggressively it shaves, or if its comparable to the 34c.
any help is greatly appreciated. thank you

The Merkur 38c has the same head design as the Merkur 34c. In fact all closed comb Merkurs have the same head design with exeption of the Merkur bakelite.

If you already know you prefer long handles go for the 38c. It's handle is also thick and heavy. You probably already are in the know about the Merkur 23c which is a long handled Merkur with a thinner handle. I thought I had to mention it to be sure.

I suggest a FaTip. More aggressive than vintage Gillettes, but not as aggressive as the R41, ATT H2 or Ikon Shavecraft Tech.

I'd suggest a Gillette adjustable. A slim, fat boy, or black beauty super adjustable. All are fantastic razors that allow the user to pick the right amount of aggressiveness to fit their own needs and or mood on any given shave.

You might consider (or look into) the Maggard MR6 handle (longer and great weight) with their new V3 or V3a (aggressive) heads. As much as I like my gillette adjustables, I find the heads too thick for me and hard to use in areas around the jaw-line near my ears.

A nice Gillette Red Tip might be perfect. They are nice and chunky, great knurling, slightly more aggressive that a standard Super Speed. They were know as the "Heavy".

Not overly aggressive. Definitely a sweet spot.

Top Bottom