What's new

How Many Years Worth of Blades Do You Have?

I recently got back into DE shaving and started buying blades that suited my skin and beard characteristics. Right now I have about 275 blades covering about 7 different brands. There are so many different blades that I want to try but, being a numbers guy, a calculation of how long the blades I currently have would last seemed in order.

At 5 shaves a week and 4 shaves per blade on average, I currently have about a 4 year 3 month supply. :eek6:

What about you guys. How big is your blade stash?

Cheers
LB

Last edited:
Good idea for a discussion.

I'm guessing I have around 120 blades, but the brands vary. Most are Personna lab blue which I'm fine with. That should be good enough for roughly 13 years of shaving, give or take a couple years. I get 40 shaves per blade. That's also assuming I shave every day, but I don't.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
14 Years worth if I continue to change the blade out once a week: Feather, Astra sp, Personna Blue Labs, Gillette 7'Oclock (Yellow), Gillette Nacet, Bolzano.

With the blades I have now, and assuming the new Dorco's that I ordered actually work and give me at least two shaves a week, I should be set for about six months. Without the Dorco's, about half that. I've controlled my hoarding! :thumbup1:

I think I have about 3 years at 2 blades a week. That discounts about 6 months worth I've put aside and wont use.

Around 1000 blades in current stock. I get around 40 shaves / blade, so I have enough for 109 years of daily shaves. Obviously I'll be passing some down to the next generation ;).

WELL. My best guess is around 5 years worth, give or take. :lol:

Now if I started to, "one and done," these, the old stash would last less than 1 year. (Guess I could come up short!)

With the blades I have now, and assuming the new Dorco's that I ordered actually work and give me at least two shaves a week, I should be set for about six months. Without the Dorco's, about half that. I've controlled my hoarding! :thumbup1:

I was trying to not mention the "H" word as it's all relative. I have 12 guitars and 8 amps but I don't have a warehouse full like Gilmour or Randy Bachman.

Around 1000 blades in current stock. I get around 40 shaves / blade, so I have enough for 109 years of daily shaves. Obviously I'll be passing some down to the next generation ;).

Is there a PIF in your future or are you hoping for the dna preservative life extension pill to come online soon? ;-)

I would have to say I am down to only 2-3 years worth of blades. I need to order a 100-pack of something soon before time gets short.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Uh. Hundred Derbys. Hundred Voshies. Hundred SuperMax Ts. Two hundred blue Personnas ... Hundred Astras. Sampler survivors, like 50 more ...

new blade every 3.65 days to make it easy. 6.5 years.

Cant calculate SOAP, that might be embarrassing ...

AA

Probably 10+ years worth but I am thinking about PIFing some...and others I may not stretch past 2 shaves just to get rid of 'em

Last edited:
I panicked :blush: I was down to my last 5 years stock of Astra's and ended up buying another 100, but I'm still worried there might be a nuclear explosion and I grow 2 more heads :blink:

I think I currently have around 130 Astra greens and 20 Feathers. So that's not so bad. I take the luxury to just use Feathers for one cycle (= one face and head shave) and Astras for 2-3 cycles.

Top Bottom