What's new

What's Cooking 2016

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Aloha Mike. Looks excellent.

Toasted Asiago cheese bread loaded with brisket, pork sausage, my garden tomatoes, onion and pickles.
$image.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Those tomatoes are making me ache... well those and the bread, cheese, brisket, sausage, onions and pickles, coming to a backyard near me, but never soon enough!

dave

Thanks. Dave, I have too few coming off the vines. I don't care what shape or size just gummie some.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Bob, welcome to the Mess Hall. Your visit is a first for my watch. Nice ribs....were they good?

The ribs were very good. Made an easy rub. Wrapped them overnight. Next day, two hours in the oven (I know, I know :rolleyes:) and then 20 minutes on the grill while applying Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbeque Sauce. Washed them down with the Champagne of Beers. :thumbup1:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Yesterday was so lovely I decided to try out a butcher in Georgetown about 20 minutes from where I live. There is something about beef and charcoal and with these two steaks I decided to put in the charcoal basket. Oh, I found some asparagus too.

View attachment 665821

Tonight we had what I was told was a Hawaiian dish. Beef Loco Moco. Beef patty served on a bed of rice covered in cremini mushroom sauce with an easily done egg. I really was not expecting much from this but boy oh boy it was tasty. Lots of umami on the plate here.
View attachment 665823

You're killing me. That looks awesome, especially the grilled asparagus.

One of my new favorite meals....Chili Cheese Perogies

Local made Perogies boiled (potato, bacon, cheese) and then panfried:
proxy.php

Homemade beanless chili:
proxy.php

Cheese:
proxy.php

And a couple minutes under the broiler with some Sriracha and fresh Parsley:
proxy.php

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
[MENTION=36370]brucered[/MENTION]- you are so lucky to have a local source of pierogis. I haven't had a good one since I left Cleveland in 92.

Bruce, nice mash-up, a little bit of Eastern Europe, a little bit of southern US and a little bit south east Asia. Looking good!

dave

Did someone mention burritos?

Burrito Redux- grilled chicken, roasted peppers, goat cheese, spring onions and no limes on hand so no guacamole but cubed avocado inside and sliced outside. Grilled, then, salsa, Greek yogurt, cilantro and Extra Hot Mexican hot sauce to dress.

dave

Top Bottom