What's new

What's Cooking 2016

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
[MENTION=89559]davent[/MENTION]

Dave's delicatescent and burrito music bar. Music is performed by Dave with his hand made telecastor and all amp and music equipment are invented by Dave....not to mention the food. :001_smile A very big compliment to a member who makes me smile.

...we love ya Dave.

Oh, oh, now you're making me smile and blush, thanks Aaron!

I'm no inventor but love making 'stuff', i'm standing on the shoulders of many here and elsewhere. Lots of inspiration and ideas to be explored on the various forums, some very eye opening cultural discussions, a great place to hang around, really nice group to be a part of!

Thanks again!
dave

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Northern white beans. Seasoned with smoked brisket, a spoonful of Aaron Franklin's bean seasoning, avocado, cheese, serrano pepper, cilantro, garden tomatoes and Mikes Valentina hot sauce.

$image.jpg$image.jpg

Grilled Whiskey Brined Pork Chop, Smashed Mini Red Potatoes with Lemon and Scallions, Steamed Asparagus, butter, salt & pepper is all i require!
No i didn't eat the whole thing, after the photo session the chop was divided for two. A never fail recipe, a moist and tasty chunk of pork!

dave

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
[MENTION=89559]davent[/MENTION]

Looks good Dave. I like smashed new potatoes. I'll bake them first, smash them with the heal of my hand, pour on the vinegar and salt and bake again until crispy.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Scalawag chili

$Chili.jpg
Some sneaky Canuck put some beans into ma Chili. Good thing the last folk to be hung in Canada was in 1962. Cremini mushrooms and red bell peppers were added as well. I did thicken it a little with corn flour. That adds a taste we don't get in Canada as far as I've noticed.

Was inquiring whether there was anything worthwhile to do with with garlic scapes besides add them to the compost and it was suggested to try making pesto. So...

Tonight's stab at a meal was Garlic Scape/Pistachio/Asiago Pesto with Homemade Linguine and grilled a farmer's market Spicy Italian Sausage.

The pasta is just eggs and flour, used the "OO" flour i found while out sourcing ingredients for the pizza thread back in May.Was worthwhile.
dave

@davent

Looks good Dave. I like smashed new potatoes. I'll bake them first, smash them with the heal of my hand, pour on the vinegar and salt and bake again until crispy.

Great idea Aaron, thank you! I've got one chop left to marinate and grill and one serving of the potatoes. I'm going to give the potatoes another of drizzle of olive oil and crisp them up in the oven like you suggested, another level of textural interest to be enjoyed!

dave

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Dave how am I suppose to follow on from that.

Just a simple roast leg of lamb with potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, yams and mint sauce.

$20160620_162410.jpg

Dave, do you need any cooking lessons? The Mess Hall is here to help, or better yet PM a Mod with questions.

Yup, i'm always open to lessons, ideas, tweaks and feedback, the good the bad and the ugly, can never stop learning! Need to clear shelf space for another flush of cookbooks.

dave

Top Bottom