What's new

Let's see your bird pictures!

More nice pics everyone, keep them coming!!

I was sorting out my fishing gear at my friends today and managed to get a few snaps.

Blue *** having lunch

$bluey.JPG

$bluey2.JPG

A very brave Robin that was just hopping about waiting for food

$robinred.JPG

Last edited:
And a new species for me, a Goldcrest, the UK's smallest bird apparently, agile little things!
I think you can see where it gets it's name!

$gold2.JPG

$gold4.JPG

$gold3.JPG

This shot is pretty much how it came out if the camera, like the yellow of the tulips with the yellow crest on the little chap

$gold.JPG

Last edited:
took a morning walk at one of the wetlands today and got a lesson in focus modes.
initial camera (nikon D5) settings were AF-C, burst shutter, d 25 (dynamic selection of 25 points around focus point).
exposure settings were generally iso 800, AE, -2/3 stop, f/6.3, sigma 150-600mm at 600mm.
lost focus as the little greenie took flight, then switched over to 3D tracking.
which helped keep focus on the immature great blue that was being chased (!) by a couple angry blackbirds!
(too bad there's not a setting to automatically zoom out to avoid clipped wings!)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice shots [MENTION=63248]sarimento1[/MENTION]
I need to experiment with the focus modes on my camera now I have read your post!

^^Nice pic, I'll need a little help indentifying that one though, pretty sure we don't have them over here:biggrin1:

I was fishing just a couple of days ago when this Cockatiel flew out of a nearby tree and landed on me fishing pole. It must have have gotten away from it's owner. Clearly domesticated as it came down the pole to get bit closer to me. I tried to get it on my finger so I could somehow get a hold of him but no such luck. Some other critter will get a hold of him I'm afraid.:001_huh:

$bird.jpg

Last edited:
I posted photos of one of our first ruby-throated hummingbirds of the season in the "Hummingbirds" thread
but here's some others:

First Indigo Bunting (m) of the season - he's passing through northbound and will only be here for a few days (photo taken yesterday):
$First Indigo Bunting of 2016.JPG

Orioles (m) this morning. It's 2C/35F and snowing!
We had 3 males here here at the same time and there's also some juveniles or females around too.
$Orioles in the Snow - May2016.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom