What's new

Hi, my name is Nat, and I'm a brushaholic

OK, I admit it, I may have a problem. I love shaving brushes.

Now, I can justify my obsession to a certain extent because I do have to be presentable, and that involves shaving.

But I probably don't need 10 brushes. And right now I have 5 brushes with 5 incoming...

To me, the biggest issue is, I don't care! I'm still wanting more!

Is there anyone who can tell me about these Kent brushes, because I already have 2 Simpsons...

Ten is a good start, wait until the guys who are into the 100+ range start to comment though!

$image.jpg

I have a BLK8 and would certainly not describe it as floppy. While it doesn't have as much backbone as, for example, my Da Vinci or Shavemac brushes, it certainly has enough to whip up a great lather on my face or in a scuttle, and it's beautifully soft, too.

A garage full of cars may be 5.

Imagine how many shaving brushes one could store in that space...

I'm around a dozen, but nothing beats finding that perfect one to use day after day after day after day ... :thumbup1:
But, but....by using one brush day after day, you're not letting the brush dry!!! Are you daft, man?! :w00t:

Haven't you read all the threads discussing how to get that last water molecule out of the brush lest it (a) dissolve and become just a handle, (b) grow its own beard of mold and other vile beasties, or (c) smell like the south end of a northbound goat..??

One must get one's priorities straight...it's not "just shaving" or "finding that perfect one"...it's about obsession and over-thinking...c'mon, get with the B&B spirit.:blink:

Since you have a dozen, that would be a good rotation to assure absolute dryness. Maybe you should get a dozen of the perfect one? :001_smile

Darn B&B. For so many years I was happy with just two brushes. Never saw the need for more.

Then I read a post about a Rooney brush that T&H had some under the house name. So I bought one. And then another gent wrote about a Duke 3. So got that one. And then B&B began to introduce me to LE brushes and I bought every new one they came out with. I started with average size brushes and then got into some larger ones. A DaVinci 290 and 293 (thanks, Turtle). A Rooney. Some synthetics. Tried boars and like them, too. I haven't counted the total number of brushes - but I'm sure it's 20+.

I can stop buying razors and creams. But brushes and soaps are something else.

So what did I do recently? Read about the Kent brushes and learned from a post that they were on sale on feelunique.com. A Kent BK8 is now on its way to me.

They are really really soft. No backbone though. I almost bought a BK12 but after some research I decided against. Definitely not a bad brush, just really soft. Luxurious soft.
Bought the BK 12 and it is luxurious. However, I found it too large and bought the 8. Love the 8 but I also slip in the big boy ever now and then.oh yea I also have a butterscotch, Dubl Duck, EverReady. I almost forgot. I have a Plisson synthetic which has just arrived. I'm on the lookout for another good one if you have any suggestions.

Hi Nat, welcome in the brush section :thumbup:

I'm sorry to say that 5 brushes in your possession and 5 on the way doesn't classify you as a brushoholic - you are just a mere wannabe apprentice :biggrin1:
You haven't even been feeling The Force (of addiction) yet :a45:

As it is a matter of national security :ninja: I can't disclosure my number, but I might be eligible of the club Joezamboni mention :wink:

However, a question I can answer is; "Do you have enough brushes?" and the answer is "No :scared:"
I may have found The One - actually I think I have found three or four of them :001_rolle, but what if, just think if there should be a better one out there? I can't even bear to think it.
So I have definitely not bought my last brush.

Moreover, the different types of hair; badger, boar, horse, mix and synthetic have different properties and each is great in their own way and at what they do :001_smile

I don't want to discourage you though, ten is a good start on your journey :thumbup: and I can see that you are soaking up all the good advice already :tongue_sm

(I might be a smiley-oholic as well)

Thanks for the welcome!

I know 10 brushes is just the start of a collection, but I am committed!

I'm feeling a little out of sorts today, I didn't get a brush in the mail... :sad:

Well, you've been told. This is a good start, but... you thankfully have a long way ahead:w00t:!

Here, just 19...Lamentable, init?

Aaaaand, BTW, we NEED pics, sir, we LIKE pics here!:001_cool:

Well, you've been told. This is a good start, but... you thankfully have a long way ahead:w00t:!

Here, just 19...Lamentable, init?

Aaaaand, BTW, we NEED pics, sir, we LIKE pics here!:001_cool:

OK, happy to oblige!

proxy.php

Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
proxy.php

Shavemac 2 Band Sliver Tip
proxy.php

Semogue Owner's Club 2 Band Silver Tip
proxy.php

Omega Badger & Blade 10th Anniversary Boar
proxy.php

Omega 49 Boar
proxy.php

Whipped Dog Synthetic

But, I'm just getting started! :thumbup:

I just bought a lovely used ShaveMac off of a gent on the Shave Nook, and I'm waiting on 2 Semogue boars and a Chubby 2 Manchurian Butterscotch.

Is there a 12 step program for this affliction?

Last edited:
Top Bottom