What's new

What did you do with your NON Straight razors?

I have about 15 DE razor that I do not use any more. I'm trying to figure out what to do with them. I'm probably going to keep all of them, they do not take up much space. But was wondering what everyone else did with all the NON straight razors they have.

Every once in a while I'll pull one out. I should unwind some of the collection, but came bring myself to do it.

They just sit in my medicine cabinet, lonely, dejected, and unused.

I got rid of all but 2. One for travel (40s SS) and one for home (vintage merkur slant). They get used a lot last year as I was doing a ton of travel. and too much jet lag to want to use a straight.

For my DE razors: I've given one away, put one in the cabinet in the bathroom (most often used to trim the back of my neck - the blade is an unknown age) and the other is in my travel kit. My electrics ... I'm not sure where they are.

I have gotten rid of most of them, I do have a birth year/quarter FB and a NOS Gem Micromatic along with a Gilette SS and a 1912 and Shovel head and that's it, I do use one every once in awhile but can't bring myself to selling them off.

Glad to know that others have thought of this! I gave my Mach 3 to my GF a long time ago; she's still working through the one pack of left-over cartridges. I have two merkurs that I just can't bring myself to sell or get rid of, so now they just sit unused in a cupboard downstairs. That way when I'm in a hurry, "run down and get a blade, put it in the razor and bring it back up to the bathroom" takes as much time as "get out a straight and strop it," so I have no excuse to ever not use a straight!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I still have my razor collection and still use a few DEs and SEs. I probably should pare down my collection of about 60 razors, but then it wouldn't be much of a collection now, would it?

Sold and pif'd the ones I never use anymore and kept the ones I do use on occasion due to the fact that they are some of the very same razors my Grandfather Used and as much as I LOVE my Straight Shaves I still very much LOVE my DE's as well :thumbup1:

I'll keep my Gillette ABC-collection and my Tuckaway collection. They are work of art as are the single ring razors. I have them on display. The Vision, R41 2011, R41 2013 I'll never sell. Then we have. ...
... OK I've had them too long and enjoyed them too much to ever let them go. I guess there's about 50 of them.

Still use them. Used an Old week before last I think. Straights last week. This week, I"m revisiting a New SC. Some backups like a spare Old, & a full Federal set are tucked away, others are on standby for use, others were or are in the process of being sold.

I'm keeping my Merkur 1904 for travel, and my iKon OSS and OC Deluxe for head shaving and face touchups (plus, it's a nicely made DE that I appreciate for its design; I just like it, plus it took time to find all the parts I wanted in the original matte finish). I plan to sell or give away my New LC - it was a project razor but I lost interest in the project after starting on straights.

Top Bottom