What's new

Fatip users here? What blade to use?

I'm currently using a Fatip, and I noticed that unexpectedly the Dorco blades work really well in it.
I was using the Shark Super Stainless in a mild DE, and it worked fine, but in a Fatip it was not comfortable at all.

What DE blades work good in a Fatip? I feel like the FAtips work best with DE blades that are thicker such as Kai, etc..

No clear answer on that...try a few and see what works best for you. What do I load in my 'Grande'? I like smoother blades but I find the Grande has impeccable manners. I load Kai, Personna Blue/Lab, Voskhod, Rapira Platnum Lux and find they all give me a nice close shave with the Fatip Grande.

Just make sure you watch your blade alignment with Fatips. You'll find there is a bit of play in them as you torque the head up. Get that part right and you get a righteous shave.

The blade alignment issues suck a lot. I usually hold the blade in place as I screw it down. But sometimes it takes several tries.

It's so nice how this Fatip is pure Brass instead of coated Zamak (pot metal)

The blade alignment issues suck a lot. I usually hold the blade in place as I screw it down. But sometimes it takes several tries.

It's so nice how this Fatip is pure Brass instead of coated Zamak (pot metal)

To help with the blade alignment, I hold the sides of the head and the blade when I tighten in up. Sometimes it will still move but then I back it off a half turn and nudge the blade with something.
I have one Fatip in gold that lines up perfectly every time. Their quality control is not consistent.

I've had my most comfortable shaves with my Grande using Rapira Platinum Lux but usually load it with Astra SPs, which I have loads of. If my prep and technique is in good shape they give me great shaves.

Sharks didn't work out to be so smooth in this razor for me either.

When i got my Fatip (my 1st OC) i went though all of my blades in it.

My Favourites were Astra SP, Iridium Super, 7 O'Clock Black. These have been my favourite blades in all razors for a couple of years now.

Top Bottom