What's new

Need Help Getting A Gift For a Coffee Addict

Both my sister and brother in law are coffee addicts. They love drinking coffee all the time. They own a kcup machine a French press an aero press. Also, a drip machine.

Last year I got them some Petes Coffee bags of beans and they loved them.

Should I do the same thing this year but a different company or roaster?

What about a cool coffee mug?

Or a crazy coffee t shirt or ?

Any coffee addicts here?

This is for an Xmas gift.

Sky is the limit, and of course your budget. It seems they like regular coffee. Maybe you should introduce them to espresso.
What about a grinder, moka pot?
Moka pot makes a nice and inexpensive gift if you are concerned with budget.

Thanks retro I just looked it up and I think they'll like it. They do have a grinder already. Now I have to figure out how many cups/size to get.

Do they grind their own beans? A burr mill is cheap. Some star as low as $30 and fresh ground coffee is 10 times better than canned or store ground. Do they have a French press? Being a coffee junky myself I love French press coffee. Also find a local roaster that offers tours and set them up with a tour and a couple pounds of fresh roasted beans to take home...

Thanks retro I just looked it up and I think they'll like it. They do have a grinder already. Now I have to figure out how many cups/size to get.

typically you make 2 cups for 2 people (use it all). They are not like a pour over where you make a couple cups each and wait for the next cup. Brew and drink it all is the best way.

If you go with a Moka pot get a stainless like the cat black or roma....

proxy.php

[MENTION=88956]mikewood[/MENTION]

Yes they have a French Press and they do have a coffee grinder. Just a basic one. Thanks for the tour and local roaster idea. I'll look into it.
[MENTION=47553]turtle[/MENTION]
That's a very large pot. I was checking out the Moka pots and they only come in 1 cup, 3 cup, 6, 9 or 12. It looks like you can make as many cups as you want.

If you think they may want to try something a bit different, get them a Turkish coffee set. My wife just ordered one from Turkey through Amazon. It's a great conversation piece.

typically you make 2 cups for 2 people (use it all). They are not like a pour over where you make a couple cups each and wait for the next cup. Brew and drink it all is the best way.

+1 for the stainless steel. If you cannot find the 2 cup, get the 3 cup.
Add this one too,for a perfect gift
proxy.php

I like having a variety of coffees (whole beans) around from the different local roasters. Always looking for something new and local.

+1 for the local roasters. Some great ones up in the Bay Area, not sure about LA. You already got Peets, which is an old local fave there. The current popular ones that you still might easily find beans for via mail order would include Blue Bottle, Four Barrel, and Philz. Out of those Philz is my favorite because he (Phil that is) doesn't even attempt much in the way of single origin nonsense and instead goes for making these interesting blends, some of which include things like hazelnut or cardamom, and literally every coffee of his I have tried is both good and interesting, if not a purist-pleasing thing.

Thanks I really like everyone's suggestions. I'm looking up some local roasters and Philz looks like it's a popular place.

I've never tried illy but I will check it out as well.

Philz is one of the current trends in the Bay Area for sure. I pick up a bunch whenever I visit. Looks like he has two LA stores now too, you should swing by and try it in person :)

Last edited:

proxy.php
[/QUOTE]

Do you recommend those two brands. I've been looking at some like bialati and others. I think I will get a stainless steel one. Thanks

Also, where do you purchase these ? Any brick n mortar stores that sell these or just go on Amazon Ebay ?

Last edited:
Equator coffee has two restaurant blends for beans that my Mother loves. French Laundry and Per Se. They are both different but each restaurant is 3 Michelin Stars.

@mikewood

@turtle
That's a very large pot. I was checking out the Moka pots and they only come in 1 cup, 3 cup, 6, 9 or 12. It looks like you can make as many cups as you want.

Either of those make 2 "American" sized cups of coffee.

they are called 6 cup but they are talking espresso sized cups not "real" coffee cups

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom