What's new

You into any kind of calligraphy? Come in please!

Hi,

I'm starting out in calligraphy and looking for some like minded souls.
Please stop here and say hello.
If you're comfortable with it want to show off your work!!

here is a small quote i wrote the other day.
$IMG_20151121_162615.jpg

Dries

Welcome, Dries. My chicken scratches are about as far from calligraphy as you can get, but several members here are quite talented. I'm sure they'll be happy to share their work.

I'm not even close to calling my scrawl "calligraphy" but I did improve it a lot by focusing on italics. There are several great online resources (with print out exercise sheets) for this. Made a huge difference. I used to have to get my wife, an RN very used to deciphering doctors' writings, to decode my own notes. Now I'm self-sufficient at least and I can actually read my own writing ... most of the time, anyway. :lol:

Many years ago, I broke my right hand's three middle fingers, in a freak sports accident--a ground ball took an unexpected hop. Once the splints came off, my physical therapist, helped me learn how to write cursive again. We used the D'Nealian style, which I have stuck with since then. My Mont Blanc Starwalker makes this a pleasurable way to write personal correspondence.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
My friend Lloyd gave me a calligraphy pen. And I used it until it ran out of ink. I used it on the envelopes. But now I use an ordinary fountain pen. My handwriting looks good enough to me.

I have been trying to practice calligraphy each day @ work, I always pack at least one pen with an italic for work. Usually it is one of my Jinhaos with a goulet nib, or a Lamy safari with a 1.5 nib.
I will see if I can find any good pictures of what my lettering looks like, either way it is a long ways from really good (although I do have fun with it anyway!)

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/328452-The-Calligraphy-Thread?highlight=calligraphy

A while ago as I was learning I started a thread, it has all kinds of stuff to see in it. Its been around for a while so you can always start another one here (im cool with that) but if you just want to see some stuff, that thread has lots to look at

looks like im a bit out of "shape" with my FA but its not bad for me lol. been a long time since I had my parallels out, I may have to get some use with them this week for you

$2015-11-23 21.09.58.jpg

Last edited:
I tried many years ago (probably about 25 or so), and received a Sheaffer Calligraphy set.

Should try and find it.

I do a fair amount of calligraphy mostly for awards and such. This example is an attempt at reproducing a medieval musical manuscript using a quill for the lettering and notes. Ink was homemade walnut ink.
$Can vei la lauzeta 002.jpg
My regular handwriting is pretty illegible unless I really take my time.

Mike

Top Bottom