What's new

Old unknown brush

I got this from a friend. It was sitting in a box full of junk. It cought my eye because I never saw a brushlike this. It came from his grandfather,and probably his father. They werebarbers. Timeframe: don’t know. I’d say somewhere between WWI and II, tendingmore towards WWI. The brush needs restauration. Measuring showed 20 or 21mmm knot size. There are no marks on the handle as to make,or anything else. It sure shows wear andtear. This are the pictures as it isnow. The little brush would be somethingto take with me on trips. For now I’mthinking about just renewing the brush, a little cleaning up and keeping it asit is.
http://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/media/53168/full

Anyone who knows something about this brush? Thank you.
Smokey

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had some old brushes with stamped on logos, that washed of after disinfecting, or a few uses.
I also have an old one that has a ratty looking boar knot, but it is a fantastic little lather machine, and it doesn't shed. I bought it for the handle, so I could drop a nice knot in it. After the first lather, I knew I wouldn't dare alter it.
Don't judge a book by its cover. Disinfect it, try a couple of lathers with it, then see if you want to re-knot it.

No harm in trying the brush first. You're right Daltongang. No input as to make or any other information, so to sea. Thanks for the info. Smokey.

Top Bottom